WTF happened to DIB/First option on The Hub!

LOUDMAC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through all the posts made here, and I apologies if this has already been mentioned but:

1. There is a phone number option for the seller (use it)
  2. There is an email option

To me, if you are really interested dial the number, if posted by the seller, and make arrangements (proper arrangements).

Also, give him (the seller) options to the sale, if you do not meet him at stipulated time then he should sell to next in line, but please do not keep the poor seller on the line, hoping he has a sale at the end of the day, when all in all it's a dud (it's frustrating).

my 2c.

Edited by Buzzman

I think in house sale lingo it is called the first right of refusal, not sure.

On a house the first person to sign the offer to purchase has the deal (providing they have the finance).

Dibs, used, to mean the same thing.

Not true, Slowbee. The buyer "has the deal" only when the seller has accepted the offer in writing. In the ordinary course, The seller can simultaneously consider as many offers as he likes. Unless he has agreed not to do so.

That also happened to me.....arranged meeting place.....cash in hand! When I got at the meeting place, I phoned to ask at which entrance.....couldn't get hold of him for a whil, only to get a call half hour later to say he had another appointment just down the road and the other person bought!.......Would have been good to know that before hand!

Both times this has happened to me the seller wasn't interested in an EFT - cash is king and that's what they wanted, both times the seller was in Pretoria and I'm in Jhb BUT travel to Pretoria almost every second day for work. A bit of a *** feeling when you arrive at the agreed place at the agreed time and sms the seller asking where he is only to be told that they sold to someone else.

Okay, so now I know.....honor from both sides is so Old School!

Well I think Old School is cool.

Money talks, you know the rest.

Just had a case where i cobtacted a guy regarding an item(he in ct me in jozi), one of my friends organised to meet him to collect the item later that very day, yet he sold it before my mate could get there to pay him cash. I do not now what has happened to peoples sense of honour, simply left him negative feedback on his. profile

Just had a case where i cobtacted a guy regarding an item(he in ct me in jozi), one of my friends organised to meet him to collect the item later that very day, yet he sold it before my mate could get there to pay him cash. I do not now what has happened to peoples sense of honour, simply left him negative feedback on his. profile

If you have an agreement then is should be done and dusted .......!

Not lekker

Ha ha ha, nice try. Go check your mail and see for how long you kept me hanging on . Is that the best price, my mate will call you, blah blah blah.

When a seller places an item at a bargain price, and gets 10 guys interested. The buyers better shape up re getting payment made. I told you that another buyer whom I though had lost interest , suddenly made payment to my bank account. It would have been too complicated to reverse the status. Next time you want an item get cracking on payment.

You said cash was preferred, i organised, my mate even called and organised to meet you BEFORE you sent me the message saying you sold it to someone else.... When i say i am taking it, i take it.... You decided that i was messing about and now you trying to justify, enjoy your day....

I bought a set of wheels from a guy in Heidleberg.... To secure the wheels he insisted I pay R500 deposit even though I said I'd be there at 8am next morning and pay cash. I did the eft and phoned him for directions when I was in Heidleberg, but he said he sold the wheels because the EFT didn't come through and he was on his way to JHB. After months of broken promises to eft the R500 tome I finally gave up.

That was when I discovered how useless banks were at providing information and I never did find his address.

Now I pay cash when I've got the goods in my hand.

If you have an agreement then is should be done and dusted .......!

Not lekker

Had a guy respond to my ad on Friday. We settled on a price, after he opened the negotiations. He was unable to pay on Friday and wanted to do an eft or give me cash today.

I told him that if someone contacts me over the weekend and wants the frame and pays me , I will have to sell.

The guy was fine with that, even contacting me on Saturday to see if the frame was still available.

5 minutes ago I read his PM saying he thought about it and has pulled out of the deal.

Now you want to ask the question again about first options. They are absolutely meaningless.

Had a guy respond to my ad on Friday. We settled on a price, after he opened the negotiations. He was unable to pay on Friday and wanted to do an eft or give me cash today.

I told him that if someone contacts me over the weekend and wants the frame and pays me , I will have to sell.

The guy was fine with that, even contacting me on Saturday to see if the frame was still available.

5 minutes ago I read his PM saying he thought about it and has pulled out of the deal.

Now you want to ask the question again about first options. They are absolutely meaningless.

Like when I bought your carrier. It was a good price and I knew wouldn't be available long. I paid and came straight after work .. granted you live 300m down the road :whistling:

Works both ways. He should have stuck to the deal, although both of you did the right thing, communication!