Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who reads the whole thread!?

Check the first page, maybe number 24 and then the last two... and robert is your mothers brother!

I've read the whole thread....

.. and I did it without cutting any corners to get past some outcasts....

Lessons to be learned from reading whole thread, you will know the differences between grey and fake, ethical business practice and lying and getting caught in the act on camera.

I have read the whole thread, but at the speed that I read, I have only just caught up to the sharp end.

This thread wouold have been 20 pages shorter if everyone just read first before shooting their mouths off.

Exactaroony.

Who reads the whole thread!?

Check the first page, maybe number 24 and then the last two... and robert is your mothers brother!

Commenting then is a sure way to end up looking like Robert is both your mothers brother and your father :D ;)

Guest EdEdEd

Commenting then is a sure way to end up looking like Robert is both your mothers brother and your father :D ;)

I just read back to see what happened before I make rash decisions thats all

(remember I am not the one that made any controversial statements here)

Friday is looming for CS.

I would love to know how this months turnover is compared to last month, and what's the projection for next month.

I would also love to know what they are thinking regarding their future. It seems cycling is what they know, but that bridge is on fire. Is it too late to change professions?

What's eating at them worse? The fact that they stole from someone (and got caught - two different issues for some people) or how they are going to support their family in the near future. Plenty sleepless nights I'm sure.

Subsequent to the fake Pinarello Carte Blanche broadcast as well as numerous mails received by concerned owners about the authenticity of their Pinarello bikes we felt it necessary to just make the following statement:

1. ASG has been actively pursuing (through legal and commercial channels) ways to curb the importation of fake Pinarello frames for more than 2 years and will continue to do this. Instituting legal action against offenders will most certainly form part of this.

2. Pinarello in Italy (for obvious reasons) has been raging an all-out war against this growing problem as well – with some success to date.

3. Being a party to a transaction dealing with fake or counterfeit goods (branded, unbranded and/or differently branded copies) is illegal no matter how hard the perpetrators try to justify it.

4. Without exception (and again, despite arguments to the contrary) we have found the quality of carbon used to be far inferior to the carbon used by Pinarello under license from Torrayca. Interestingly we have had several cases (in working closely with insurance companies) where individuals tried to claim for an authentic Pinarello replacement where they had a fake frame that broke. This obviously raises serious safety concerns as well as the possible rejection or limitation of claims from insurance companies.

5. ASG is the only authorised importer of Pinarello bikes in Africa and all Pinarello bikes are only sold through authorised dealers in South Africa – a list of those are available on our website and are also listed below. If in doubt please contact Winston Clark at the ASG office on (012) 871 4130/1/2/3 or email him Winston@asgworld.co.za

6. Anyone that is concerned that they may have bought a fake Pinarello can email the serial number (on the bottom bracket) to Winston@asgworld.co.za to verify.

7. For a limited period, ASG and our dealers will try to assist people that have been caught out by these operators to replace their bikes for the real article – we have already supported many of the parties that came forward as a result of the CB broadcast. Again, feel free to contact Winston Clark or any of our authorised dealers to discuss the options open to you.

8. We urge anyone out there to provide us with information on parties either importing or dealing with counterfeit/fake Pinarello bikes – we will obviously keep the identities of parties providing this information completely confidential.

9. LIST OF AUTHORISED DEALERS:

post-16745-0-70668400-1397122814_thumb.jpg

Edited by ASG

Subsequent to the fake Pinarello Carte Blanche broadcast as well as numerous mails received by concerned owners about the authenticity of their Pinarello bikes we felt it necessary to just make the following statement:

1. ASG has been actively pursuing (through legal and commercial channels) ways to curb the importation of fake Pinarello frames for more than 2 years and will continue to do this. Instituting legal action against offenders will most certainly form part of this.

2. Pinarello in Italy (for obvious reasons) has been raging an all-out war against this growing problem as well – with some success to date.

3. Being a party to a transaction dealing with fake or counterfeit goods (branded, unbranded and/or differently branded copies) is illegal no matter how hard the perpetrators try to justify it.

4. Without exception (and again, despite arguments to the contrary) we have found the quality of carbon used to be far inferior to the carbon used by Pinarello under license from Torrayca. Interestingly we have had several cases (in working closely with insurance companies) where individuals tried to claim for an authentic Pinarello replacement where they had a fake frame that broke. This obviously raises serious safety concerns as well as the possible rejection or limitation of claims from insurance companies.

5. ASG is the only authorised importer of Pinarello bikes in Africa and all Pinarello bikes are only sold through authorised dealers in South Africa – a list of those are available on our website and are also listed below. If in doubt please contact Winston Clark at the ASG office on (012) 871 4130/1/2/3 or email him Winston@asgworld.co.za

6. Anyone that is concerned that they may have bought a fake Pinarello can email the serial number (on the bottom bracket) to Winston@asgworld.co.za to verify.

7. For a limited period, ASG and our dealers will try to assist people that have been caught out by these operators to replace their bikes for the real article – we have already supported many of the parties that came forward as a result of the CB broadcast. Again, feel free to contact Winston Clark or any of our authorised dealers to discuss the options open to you.

8. We urge anyone out there to provide us with information on parties either importing or dealing with counterfeit/fake Pinarello bikes – we will obviously keep the identities of parties providing this information completely confidential.

9. LIST OF AUTHORISED DEALERS:

Thanks ASG, I think thats a great end to the thread. I have been following this since it was 2 pages long and also watched the CB article.

My honest opinion is that the thread has now degenerated to a host of chirps, gags (admitedly some of which are occasionally funny) and plain ridiculous comments by trolls looking for attention, all of which are :offtopic: as far as I am concerned.

I see the number of followers is also declining.

I would still like to know whether AA eventually gets his refund or if his lawyer does a Gerrie Buldog on him :devil: but this can be gleaned from following him.

One other thing I have learned by following this thread is that there are are some hubbers here who have a wealth of experience and knowledge to impart (also humour) all while delivering great comments on the particular thread. You will know who you are as I generally have liked almost all your comments :thumbup:

Respect guys, see you on the next "Hot Topic"

Edited by Ride it

Thanks ASG, I'm sure the OP and GENUINE cyclists appreciate your support and involvement. Hopefully, with sustained legal pressure, a consumer boycott, common sense from John and Robbie (which has been sorely lacking) and word of mouth we will soon see sign below of Cycle Science's door:

post-39984-0-33954300-1397126986_thumb.jpg

I'm also done with this thread.

Talk about flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead Dogma).

Last comments from me:

1. Nice response from ASG - keep up the good work guys.

2. We never did get to see a picture of the "REAL" Dogma, or did we?

3. Looking back at the picture in the very first post, what's up with the stack/steerer/spacer/stem/setup?

Last comments from me:

3. Looking back at the picture in the very first post, what's up with the stack/steerer/spacer/stem/setup?

You're done you say?

Last comments from me:

Can't help yourself, still trolling with egg on your face. Grow some nuts, and apologise to the OP for your dumb comments.

Guest EdEdEd

Last comments from me:

Seems like you wont be getting any answers either (seeing as you wont be able to read them...)

EDIT: caught you out!

Edited by EdEdEd