Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Their strategy might be to let Cycle Science "die" and go on with bussiness as ussually under the name "Cycle Repair Centre". I was wondering whether the claim/-s instituted against CS will still then be valid or can the owners/directors personally be held accountable for this?

New SA company law holds the directors of a company personally liable for any lawsuits against said company.  Thus, if you screw up as a business you cant hide behind liquidation anymore. So the legal wheels might still rip the new name off the door.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New SA company law holds the directors of a company personally liable for any lawsuits against said company.  Thus, if you screw up as a business you cant hide behind liquidation anymore. So the legal wheels might still rip the new name off the door.

Erm, no, directors are not always personally liable "for any lawsuits"? Where did you study law?

Section 77 of the Companies Act sets out when a director of a company may be held liable for loss or damage sustained by the company.

Erm, no, directors are not always personally liable "for any lawsuits"? Where did you study law?

Section 77 of the Companies Act sets out when a director of a company may be held liable for loss or damage sustained by the company.

I think they would need to prove they acted negligently or illegally but in this case I think they would be liable

Thats what I meant..... ;) Edited by Maniax

Think you might be referring to the King 3 Report, think it might apply to IT and Data governance only.

G

These guys were on Carte Blanche for something similar a few months back, maybe contact them and they could maybe do a follow up or give you some advice as well.

These guys were on Carte Blanche for something similar a few months back, maybe contact them and they could maybe do a follow up or give you some advice as well.

Read the opening posts - this thread is part of why they were on CB.

Aaaah, i missed this thread. Can i ask what the difference is between a fake and a grey fake (again.....)????  :devil:    Please......?. I miss all the chirps and punch bags.  :whistling: 

• 6 months later...