Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Tough to keep up here but there were 2 red lights.

Dogma should have Campy Super Record (mech or EPS) and NOT Record. (or Dura Ace)

DT Swiss wheels? Just no.

What if I put it to you, that the 10k difference in asking price between Super Record and Record (for a weight advantage of 200grams) can go a long way towards a set of Bora's???

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I would like a split top tube steel framed Niner.

Let me know what you can do.

Eish....that requires skills....graham? he can most weld like a pro.

Here you go.

Tough to keep up here but there were 2 red lights.

Dogma should have Campy Super Record (mech or EPS) or Dura Ace (mech or Di2) and NOT Record.

DT Swiss wheels? Just no.

As you were.

Thanks, please get it right the next time around.

I mailed Niner this morning to ask how we can confirm our frames are the real deal.

Will keep you posted.

But considering the guy you bought it from, it's safe to assume your EMD is fake.

I always thought it was weird that the serial number was written on in Artliner.

for quite a vocal and social media savvy crowd a<S>G have gone a bit quiet on the hub.

they must be following this and the general implications, it appears that pinarello are the mosty faked bikes worldwide - so this must crop up from time to time.

or maybe they are in a 3 day bosberaad debating whether the next massive firesale should have a 20 or 25% discount on RRP?

Agree, the OP got duped!

If I got duped and was "happy" until I found out about being duped, it doesn't mean I must stay happy with the situation.. I would do everything in my power to destroy them.

Must I contact the distributors each time I buy a bike to ensure it's not fake? No, you trust the shop you buy from!

Sense, go look it up in Wikipedia!

Wikipedia is the grey import equivalent of correct information.

Grey import=Product made in the Pinarello Factory or authorised manufacturer but brought into the country by a 3rd party and not the official agents.

The importer carries the risk with warranty issues.....as with the Online shop mentioned earlier.

Fake=Product made in China with no Pina quality control or testing.Almost no warranty cover and sells for 1/10th of the price of the original.

Am i wrong in thinking this?

Yes, i believe you are wrong.

Grey import = made BY pinarello. (Even if they have outsourced the frame building to a factory in the East)

What if I put it to you, that the 10k difference in asking price between Super Record and Record (for a weight advantage of 200grams) can go a long way towards a set of Bora's???

Saw the Boras on sale at CWC. R10k is not going to go far.

Ons gaat nou braai....

Vrou! Rouxtjie is hungry. Take va meat out of va diep freeze!