Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Could this be the beginning of the end for Cycle Science?

You can't hide anything these days. Social Media can even bring down governments!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the blood is in the water and the crowd is baying for blood. I am thinking: will it be the best outcome if a shop closes down and people lose their jobs? Surely a outcome where this doesnt happen is best. How can that be done?

I know the blood is in the water and the crowd is baying for blood. I am thinking: will it be the best outcome if a shop closes down and people lose their jobs? Surely a outcome where this doesnt happen is best. How can that be done?

They have earned enough of selling fake products, that they should be able to compensate their staff if they have half the decency!! Unfortunately I doubt they will.

There will be collateral damage of their staff having to find new jobs but I cannot condone what they have done and then say to them its ok to keep trading!!

If it is proven that the allegations are in fact correct, then they should be closed down and ostracized from the cycling community!!

Let alone get criminal records for fraud.

So there is no compromise!

I know the blood is in the water and the crowd is baying for blood. I am thinking: will it be the best outcome if a shop closes down and people lose their jobs? Surely a outcome where this doesn't happen is best. How can that be done?

Cycle Psychos are serial (not cereal) offenders. They've learnt how to make a fast buck taking shortcuts, the temptation will always be there to do it in future.

FIA - fake imports anonymous

"My name is Robbie, it has been 19 days since I imported a fake frame and fleeced a trusting customer".

Edited by Brogue

Perhaps they should add an appropriate tag-line to their branding. Something like: "Cycle Science: We flog fake fietse" or something that at least advised the public that they are just like the street vendors, except indoors and they take credit cards!

I'm not sure If this will bring Cycle Science down but I for one will not even buy a Coke

from people like this , regardless of the outcome .

I AM NOT SO SURE 35 000 VIEWS :eek: :eek: :eek: AND THATS JUST HERE

You guys fail to remember 'the Hub' isn't the be all and end all of cycling.

They will still have customers ,they will still do business and they will still be around in a few years time. Regardless of a few rants and lipstick dropping on a forum of guys who think they are Nino Schurter but actually are Steve Urkel.

I AM NOT SO SURE 35 000 VIEWS :eek: :eek: :eek: AND THATS JUST HERE

Many are attentive as this affects all of us as consumers in the market.

Cyclists are regular consumers - upgrades never ever end!

Thus, we are a vulnerable group to exploitation.

From a credibility point of view, If Cycle Science is really pushing fakes, it has implications for other shops as well.

Very valuable thread.

I think you are all missing the point. Its illegal to sell fake products, whether the buyer is aware of it or not. Selling a fake Pina is a crime and the shop should be dealt with accordingly. Unfortunately for the OP buying fakes is also a crime so he might not legally be entitled to his money back as far as I know.

1. You guys fail to remember 'the Hub' isn't the be all and end all of cycling.

2. They will still have customers.

3. They will still do business and they will still be around in a few years time.

4. Regardless of a few rants and lipstick dropping on a forum of guys who think they are Nino Schurter but actually are Steve Urkel.

1. That's just nasty, do you eat with that filthy mouth? :eek: :D

2. Less customers than now, and the problems will increase

3. Illegitimate business is not sustainable business

4. Many Steve Urkels outweigh the buying power of a Nino Schurter

Edited by Brogue

Don't feel like trolling through the last 25 pages - has Cycle Science responded yet?

I think you are all missing the point. Its illegal to sell fake products, whether the buyer is aware of it or not. Selling a fake Pina is a crime and the shop should be dealt with accordingly. Unfortunately for the OP buying fakes is also a crime so he might not legally be entitled to his money back as far as I know.

Now how did you come to that conclusion? He bought it as the real thing .... *smh*

I DISAGREE IF YOU NOT AWARE OF THE FACT AND YOU BOUGHT FAKE AND HAVE A PAPER TRAIL SHOWING THIS,,,,YOU HAVE NOT BROKEN THE LAW

1. That's just nasty, do you eat with that filthy mouth? :eek: :D

2. Less customers than now, and the problems will increase

3. Illegitimate business is not sustainable business

4. Many Steve Urkels outweigh the buying power of a Nino Schurter

I like no.4