Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was out for essential fennel......had some fish to poach, somehow ended up on Outeniqua Pass. I swear that bike just does not listen!attachicon.gifB1DD5112-E36B-45B2-816C-BF6EF46F02B0.jpeg

Horrie sheet! I just had a accident in my pants![emoji44]

I must really go visit my mate in Oudshoorn for a weekend and come meet you in George. I'd love to see some of your bikes in the flesh. [emoji108]

Horrie sheet! I just had a accident in my pants![emoji44]

I must really go visit my mate in Oudshoorn for a weekend and come meet you in George. I'd love to see some of your bikes in the flesh. [emoji108]

You are welcome, I have a spare room that fellow bikers of the engine and non engine variety are welcome to use........just buy a scoff in the Wife's restaurant ha ha! I am stuck here until at least the 3rd week in July. I admit that I go rondry a bit. I stay out of everyones way and try not to go too fast past the cops! Out for essential supplies. The big Katoom is at Doc, an oil channel blocked on the inlet valve of the rear cylinder. I caught it early......ticking sound in the engine. Anyways, the dealer is repairing it under warranty......Not bad for a 2013 bike! The rest are home and chilling. FZR is waiting for a speedo cable. CB400F is lined up for a front brake service. CB750F is happy and chilled, Big Zed the ZRX1200R is a bit of a show off, but might have gone and done his clutch in.....bit of a slip today......the silly buggar likes to accelerate harder than necessary.......well, big smile on the riders face.......and that be me!

KLR is just bloody awesome, agricultural of note but a lovely bike to hit the dirt roads and contemplate the finer meanings of Lockdown.......perhaps I will head to the Van Wyksdorp Mall for milk this weekend!!!!

Edited by Spokey

You are welcome, I have a spare room that fellow bikers of the engine and non engine variety are welcome to use........just buy a scoff in the Wife's restaurant ha ha! I am stuck here until at least the 3rd week in July. I admit that I go rondry a bit. I stay out of everyones way and try not to go too fast past the cops! Out for essential supplies. The big Katoom is at Doc, an oil channel blocked on the inlet valve of the rear cylinder. I caught it early......ticking sound in the engine. Anyways, the dealer is repairing it under warranty......Not bad for a 2013 bike! The rest are home and chilling. FZR is waiting for a speedo cable. CB400F is lined up for a front brake service. CB750F is happy and chilled, Big Zed the ZRX1200R is a bit of a show off, but might have gone and done his clutch in.....bit of a slip today......the silly buggar likes to accelerate harder than necessary.......well, big smile on the riders face.......and that be me!

KLR is just bloody awesome, agricultural of note but a lovely bike to hit the dirt roads and contemplate the finer meanings of Lockdown.......perhaps I will head to the Van Wyksdorp Mall for milk this weekend!!!!

Spokey, where are you based? I may have to make a road trip out of it when the Moto is up and running. Will come up with a mate of mine if that's okay. A fellow motard

Spokey, where are you based? I may have to make a road trip out of it when the Moto is up and running. Will come up with a mate of mine if that's okay. A fellow motard

When not in Kuwait I am in Hoekwil, near Wilderness. Bikes always welcome!

I've been chasing a DT175 for some time now and it looks like I can finally go and collect it next weekend - going to be fun crossing the provincial border!

This one has had a bit of an oopsie so the forks are bent, but I'm not worried because I have a complete front-end from an XT250 (which has a disk brake) so that will be the first part I'll change.  I also have the XT's rear wheel which is also disk so I might consider fitting that too.

Ever since my Yamaha days I've wanted to get my hands on a 175 - they have not changed since 1995 so they are great for a bit of a facelift - first will be brakes, then the Engine.  The 175 cylinder port timing has a lot in common with the IT175, Blaster and also 350LC so things like 350 Reed blocks can be easily fitted and the porting can be made very similar to the IT's.  If you really want you can play with different cranks from the DT180 and Blaster and get the capacity close to 200cc too.

The engines are also designed to run on 88 Octane deep in Africa, so you can take almost 2mm off the head to get the CR up.

Exhausts are also a bad design because they are common with the 125 so need to be de-restricted.

But once this is all done, you can end up with a really nice bike - ideal for hunting 250 4-strokes....

And the best part - they still make DT's so spares are still available, and relatively cheap too.

Happened on this while browsing. Should I ever win the Lotto, this will be standing in my garage, for sure.

RD350LC bodywork on the yummy XSR900 triple.  :wub:  :wub:

post-87-0-61573000-1592577866.jpg

post-87-0-53162900-1592577882.jpg

post-87-0-84087400-1592577899.jpg

Company called Velocity-Moto.com out of the UK does it. You can get the kit and install it yourself, or send your bike to them to do.

Edited by Wannabe

Happened on this while browsing. Should I ever win the Lotto, this will be standing in my garage, for sure.

RD350LC bodywork on the yummy XSR900 triple.  :wub:  :wub:

attachicon.gifxsr1.jpg

attachicon.gifxsr2.jpg

attachicon.gifxsr3.jpg

Company called Velocity-Moto.com out of the UK does it. You can get the kit and install it yourself, or send your bike to them to do.

Abomination :(

Saw a couple of these a while back, i'll have one i reckon they look the dogs bollocks ...

but i have to win the lotto first to buy a garage to store all the bikes i want. 

I reckon those Ternere700 are the mutts nutts... and yamaha are selling em by the boatload. If i was in the market for DS i would look no further. 

That is if Yamaha decides to bring it to SA.