Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Thankfully..........

Still puzzles me how you don't need a helmet to ride them

Actually - legally - in SA you do need to wear a helmet - but the manufacturer recommendation is that you do not need to wear one (guess because of the seatbelts and cage - and the extra load on the neck in the event of a frontal impact/whiplash.)

That said - I don't wear one and have ridden past many many metro cops without issues so far.

The only issue with using it as a commuter is that is it very wide - wider than a GS1200.... so not good for lane splitting.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you sir are doing it right!

Had to go see a client early this morning and planned on riding there with the bicycle, woke up early and didn't feel up to the 60km there and back so made morning of it with my boy.f0dd5d6337497edbec16e242744c8217.jpg2a7c54d6d2757ddd887647823124b372.jpg608f33ff8750dd64df4d9c071e070055.jpgbcf05b4fa8acf897dfa3bec7ee2a209a.jpgcf219e9af529e1c6fd57140ed86e39ec.jpg

No exciting news from my side on the Norton I'm afraid.  It hasn't got a kickstart in the box that came with it, so the only way we are going to get it fired is with some rollers which we don't have.  So I had to be content with sitting on it and making wroom-wroom noises while the dog looked on and wondered what I was up to....

Can't get someone to push you down the driveway, and back a couple of times :)

No exciting news from my side on the Norton I'm afraid.  It hasn't got a kickstart in the box that came with it, so the only way we are going to get it fired is with some rollers which we don't have.  So I had to be content with sitting on it and making wroom-wroom noises while the dog looked on and wondered what I was up to....

Can't get someone to push you down the driveway, and back a couple of times :)

Jaaaa - been there, done that.  It's all fun and games until the third or fourth time you have to push it back up the hill....

post-15215-0-57491100-1554112430_thumb.jpg

LOL ... that old Suzuki I had 20 odd years ago was pushed more km's in the end of it's life than what it actually rode.....hence my suggestion that you get someone else to push you :P

Jaaaa - been there, done that.  It's all fun and games until the third or fourth time you have to push it back up the hill....

Putting up my much loved Transalp for sale.
Kitted with a few extras like bash guards, center stand and Includes a few spares such as helmet, luggage, spare sprocket for rear.  PM me.

post-2147-0-21391600-1554215288_thumb.jpg

post-2147-0-74549000-1554215308_thumb.jpg

post-2147-0-38562600-1554215330_thumb.jpg

A colleague bought a Honda NC the other day and I rode it home for them.  I was quite impressed by it, especially after seeing all the reviews of it being a lethargic commuter.  Its got some decent mid range punch and enough gearing to be able to cruise of the freeway very comfortably.  The little airbox growl when you give it some beans is also quite nice.  The exhaust is VERY quiet though.  Can't hear it at all.  And the headlight sucks. 

But overall I was quite impressed.

I see many of them on the Westcoast road between CT and Table View .... I do not hear many of them though when they come past .......... the bloody KTM riders though can be heard leaving their place of employment 20k's away :P

A colleague bought a Honda NC the other day and I rode it home for them.  I was quite impressed by it, especially after seeing all the reviews of it being a lethargic commuter.  Its got some decent mid range punch and enough gearing to be able to cruise of the freeway very comfortably.  The little airbox growl when you give it some beans is also quite nice.  The exhaust is VERY quiet though.  Can't hear it at all.  And the headlight sucks. 

But overall I was quite impressed.

I was almost a flat rider this morning, a moron decided to hell with waiting for the robot and went around the other cars stopped at the robot and proceeded to speed through in the emergency lane as I was turning into the road... then proceeds to take my number plate pic at the next robot... go figure!

I see many of them on the Westcoast road between CT and Table View .... I do not hear many of them though when they come past .......... the bloody KTM riders though can be heard leaving their place of employment 20k's away :P

My wife says mine is only 15kms... I still have the baffles in my akrapovic

Planning a trip up Sani Pass later this year with a couple of friends and sleeping over at Sani Mountain Lodge. Have anyone used their Dormitories before?. Its actually very cheap if you include the B/Fast + diner in the price?

Save Money on Accommodations = more beer money :thumbup: