Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just done 10 000 kms with my Dakkie since my last oil change. Wanted to do an oil change over the weekend and saw the oil is still in good shape. It is still the colour of dark honey and viscosity seems to be in order as well.

Will it just be good measure to change, or does it need to be done without regarding the state of the oil?

I must be a bit mad about this, I change the oil and filter every 5000 kms on all my bikes.

Old bikes, I use Activo on the 75 and 83 Honda as well as the KLR and Motul 5100 on the FZR.

Edited by Spokey

What are you going to do with all your extra time? 

I sleep a bit later in the morning and the garden gets 30 mins more attention in the evening. 

Did an extra 20mins at the gym in the morning, then an extra 20mins of annoying my family in the evening!

from Google   :drool:

So I got it wrong, its a F85RS:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/bmw-f850rs-patent-design/

I must be a bit mad about this, I change the oil and filter every 5000 kms on all my bikes.

Old bikes, I use Activo on the 75 and 83 Honda as well as the KLR and Motul 5100 on the FZR.

Not just you, I would never wait for 10,000km. I change oil at 4,000km intervals on every bike I own or have owned. 

With you on the Motul 5100, best oil for a bike IMO

I changed my Moto Mia's oil every 5000 km. 

BMW service manual says oil change every 10 000km. 

According to that manual my fork is due for a service..... as well. 

I wonder if Russel Wood still has his here in SA. It makes a turn every now and again at the Zwartkops historic races

Oom Russel is the reason why those are so rare these days. Think he crashed about 80% of them. Edited by Patchelicious

Is that a his and a hers set of bikes, or are you on one bike together?

Nice bikes BTW!

Both me and the wife love motorcycling...

Is that a his and a hers set of bikes, or are you on one bike together?

Nice bikes BTW!

His and hers... no way she would pillion with me after riding on her own the first time