Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling like a noob. Ive tried alot of diffrent chain lubes (wax base included)for my KTM, but I still get that lube "fling" on my rim. Eventhough I wipe my chain of and I even went and spray every single link I use very little lube. Whats the best lube that doesn't fling.

I am using a spray one, cant remember the name. When you get home and the chain is nice and hot, spray it on, wipe in the morning before you leave. all sorted. 

• 2 weeks later...

In Afrikaans there's a saying that goes " My gat Juk vir 'n nuwe Bike".

That's exactly how I feel. The Duke 390, Is ok, but I want more Power, and want to do some Mozambique trips. 

Does anyone ride a Triump 800xc or a BMW 7OO GS.

I Looked at the KTM, but just to damn expensive.

That's exactly how I feel. The Duke 390, Is ok, but I want more Power, and want to do some Mozambique trips. 

I have a Tiger 800XC ABS.

Amazing bike. Really nippy, triple sound amazing. Decent top end with good power.

It really handles well, seen them shuffle around a track and embaress superbikes.

Had it 4 days and then did a 2200km round trip from PTA o PE and back with no hassles. Comfy.

Really love it

Keep looking at superbikes and thinking of trading it but then tell myself how stupid I am.

Mine has 34000km on it now, 2011 model.

Have I mentioned I love m tiger.............

I have a Tiger 800XC ABS.

Amazing bike. Really nippy, triple sound amazing. Decent top end with good power.

It really handles well, seen them shuffle around a track and embaress superbikes.

Had it 4 days and then did a 2200km round trip from PTA o PE and back with no hassles. Comfy.

Really love it

Keep looking at superbikes and thinking of trading it but then tell myself how stupid I am.

Mine has 34000km on it now, 2011 model.

Have I mentioned I love m tiger.............

Thanks Steven.

I also love the look of the 800xc. And actually not to expensive compare to the KTM and BMW

My experience with the BMW F650GS (the twin cylinder 800cc engine now called the F700GS) was terrible terrible terrible. Poor suspension, exceptionally expensive parts, lots of bits that broke etc..

To be fair it was the 2008 model, the first year of the range, and so a lot of issues could be put down to teething trouble.

The engine on it was superlative though, not a crazy fire-breathing monster, but reliable as. Pity the rest of the system wasn't up to scratch. Also, the engine isn't made by BMW, but by Rotax.

Thanks Steven.

I also love the look of the 800xc. And actually not to expensive compare to the KTM and BMW

Agreed, incredibly good bang for buck.

The new ones are even better with the customizable maps and WP suspension  but with the price to match though.

I paid R79k for mine and don't regret it at all.

Has a slip on Stealth pipe which sounds the business.

The triple engine is really something. Had a TL1000R twin and this engine layout is better for me. Plus its basically the 675 engine just stroked which is in turn the new Moto2 engine from 2019. Cant go wrong with that.

Pain to work on I believe, valve clearances every 10000km but think that's pretty much the same for all in the class.  Massive following with lots of forums and a dud called Muddysump on Youtube has plenty of maintenance tutorials online.

Try and test ride one, you will want one though after that.........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

So I've got to the point where I had to do this to make any serious progress on the Scrambler....Burns my ass, but it didn't have a magneto, and you don't get them in SA.  No.1 better not go and resign this weekend......

£831.40 

Edited by Andymann

What fuel consumption do you get on the 390?

And when you say you want more power, how do you mean? Is it's top end too low, or does it just lack that extra oemph when you hit the open road?

I'm looking at buying one, but will be for work and home and then the occasional further trip.

Edited by Jurgens Smit

So I've got to the point where I had to do this to make any serious progress on the Scrambler....Burns my ass, but it didn't have a magneto, and you don't get them in SA.  No.1 better not go and resign this weekend......

£831.40 

Unfortunately yes - this is the problem with restoring old Brit bikes, and why people are demanding silly prices when they try and sell and then are frustrated when they learn they have massively overcapitalised.

Luckily this bike isn't for resale - it's more about doing one last rebuild with my Dad before he won't be able to anymore.

£831.40 

My word that is a lot of pounds