Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this ad on FB. Thought I'd post it here as many has spoken about the 390 KTM. It's not the Duke, but same size motor. 2f2d1ed2fa719e0299dcd8a924942360.jpg

My son had one of these and this bike turned me onto KTMs...great lil bike.

I think I have a word "soulless" Yes it is a bike and does not have a soul, but i think it is a good description. 

I should really pay more attention in traffic, and stop thinking of this crap and just ride the bike. 

The Tyga kits and parts available for the RC turn it into a real head turner.........

I used to lust after one of their kits on my old NC30 back in the day.  They've been making some really good looking stuff for a long time.

You can lane split, perfectly legal. Everyone does it here, bicycles, scooters, motorbikes everyone going for hte gap. Its like a motogp first corner. (and london is nowhere as hectic as cities in asia, i ad mit that)

Problem is my bike just aint suited for the traffic..its lethargic and the rider is a lil hesitant going for small gaps....a smaller more mobile and nimble bike/scooter would be way better. And to boot, if the trains are running on time public transport is probably quicker. In mid summer the bike is perfect, leave in sunlight at 05:30 and problem free ride to work. Now the sun only ocmes up a tad later so i ride in the gridlock. Certainly beats a car but not a train/tube/walk.

Being an old bike i also feel guilty subjecting it to running on the fan in the city.

i used to commute into london ( tottenhamcourt road) on a GSXR750. summer and winter. that was prpbably some of the most exciting riding i have ever done. used to love racing the couriers through the traffic.  

Saw this ad on FB. Thought I'd post it here as many has spoken about the 390 KTM. It's not the Duke, but same size motor. 2f2d1ed2fa719e0299dcd8a924942360.jpg

R50k bit much though ... guessing about R65k new?

I used to lust after one of their kits on my old NC30 back in the day.  They've been making some really good looking stuff for a long time.

There is a guy in Bronkhorstspruit doing the kits in fibreglass, advertises on Gumtree. Looks good. A few VFR's in Jhb with the kits on.

propbably around 75 now

These 300cc bike are pushing R80-85k nowadays. I think R50k for that bike is a great deal.......

I had a discussion the other day with a friend. A Yamaha R6 cost R190k, the R1 is almost R300k already.

I honestly thing the smaller capacity bikes are better value for money. Yes they don't do 250km/h, but where can you do that these days anyway.

That little 300 give you full value for money as you can use 100% of its potential.

Now compare that to the R1 where most people can extract maybe 50% of its potential, if that much. So you have wasted close on R150K, IMO.

Belated thanks to everyone who posted after my Versys 300 question, you all make valid points.

Being newly retired I''m currently not commuting to any great extent, so I'm looking for something that is nimble, has a little poke, and will not be intimidating to learn on. I want to enjoy myself and not be scared sh!tless. 

If, after I have become comfortable with my riding abilities I feel the need to go further and faster I will then address the upgrade issue. I know this is a financial risk, but I think there is greater risk in trying to learn on something too powerful and unwieldy for a noob.

Having said all that....I still have to convince myself that buying a motorcycle is a priority.. :blink:  :devil:

Belated thanks to everyone who posted after my Versys 300 question, you all make valid points.

Being newly retired I''m currently not commuting to any great extent, so I'm looking for something that is nimble, has a little poke, and will not be intimidating to learn on. I want to enjoy myself and not be scared sh!tless. 

If, after I have become comfortable with my riding abilities I feel the need to go further and faster I will then address the upgrade issue. I know this is a financial risk, but I think there is greater risk in trying to learn on something too powerful and unwieldy for a noob.

Having said all that....I still have to convince myself that buying a motorcycle is a priority.. :blink:  :devil:

Get the baby Monster. Everything you need

I saw a Z300 at the traffic lights this morning, man its a sexy bike.

Any reason why you are looking at the Versys in particular?