Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairy for that type of riding, the harley might work good. 

If you throw on nice leather saddle bags it will be a nice ride. you will just have to check all your nuts and bolts once a month. 

If you decide on the harley, ill have to come and visit for a test drive. 

They guy who I bought my BMW from also sold it because he got an nice all black 883

I heard it was weekly and sometimes during a ride you need to check the bolts and sometimes top up the oil  :ph34r:

Hairy for that type of riding, the harley might work good. 

If you throw on nice leather saddle bags it will be a nice ride. you will just have to check all your nuts and bolts once a month. 

Have you popped in at Metalheads yet?

A little Indian Scout would be a great bike over a HD ... just the new price tag being a little rough for me to justify ... maybe as the second bike buy :) 

If you decide on the harley, ill have to come and visit for a test drive. 

They guy who I bought my BMW from also sold it because he got an nice all black 883

I spotted this beaut when in LA and fell in love.

Ronin (Buell) one of 47 after the 47 Samurai! 

This is number 24, Kataoka Takafusa.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180512_105352.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180512_112740.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180512_112752.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180512_114030.jpg

Never heard of these, checked out the site.

DAMN, love it in black. Based on that fugly 1125R too, not the lightening so should handle and ride well too!!!!!

Too scared to check what they cost

Have you popped in at Metalheads yet?

A little Indian Scout would be a great bike over a HD ... just the new price tag being a little rough for me to justify ... maybe as the second bike buy :)

Short story long...we are 4 mates who have been mates since school many moons ago in the late 80's. Back then we fantasized about all manner of things and Harley's. All of us were on 50's at the time. 

I stopped riding in early 2000's, the rest continued on their bikes, but my one friend pulled the trigger on a 2009 883 with 32,000 on the clock two months ago. He's been in love ever since, I suppose he starts the bike and while drinking beer listens to it idling and being able to tick a box on the childhood wish list.

I just chatted with him and he recons 110km/h with two up no issue on short hauls, 120km/h on the longer hauls single is a breeze. He's advice to you was, if it itches... 

@Hairy, Some advice... Firstly clear it with the missus first. You'll save a whole lot of heartache down the line (I tried the asking for forgiveness bit. It is easier than asking for permission but not easy by any stretch of the imagination...)

Secondly, Do what makes you happy. F@ck what everyone else thinks!!

Nice bike BTW

The business rents out bikes, this particular one is one of three in their Harley line up with a ship load of BMW's.

Have a look at some of their BM's before you commit to a Harley. You might get some ideas about what you like.

That Harley does not have much more power than my 39 year Motor Guzzi V50 and it is about 50kg heavier - but it will be more comfortable 2 up.

It all depends on your interpretation of "x-factor".

Thanks Grebel

Always clear things with the Mrs first, we are married after all, so my money is her money and our lives are joined.

Shotto!

@Hairy, Some advice... Firstly clear it with the missus first. You'll save a whole lot of heartache down the line (I tried the asking for forgiveness bit. It is easier than asking for permission but not easy by any stretch of the imagination...)

Nice bike BTW

Nice bike BTW

post-15215-0-88238700-1539840639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andymann