Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Dang! That's a pretty bike you got there Spokey. Love the color scheme. [emoji108]

As I think I mentioned before I was planning on buying a KLR once I sold my GSXR, but couldn't let the deal I got on my DR slip by.

Just like the DR's the KLR's are cheap and cheap to run as you also said real bang for buck.

Sorry, finger trouble, too much wine in the hotel lounge. But I love my KLR, huge value for money.This I recommend whole heartedly. Pic is in Die Hell, this thing does it for me, I like valule for my Randellas. If I need to go fast I ride my road bikes.

As previously posted, my KLR runs upgraded suspension, Leo Vinci Pipe and DNA filters (lots of) amongst other mods. If I drop it, so what, cheap.......love it!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always surprised Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda; even Yamaha never upgraded their basic thumpers to shed a bit of weight, add a starter (Honda), improve suspension and eliminate weak spots (the doohickey on the KLR) etc. I've not ridden a DR but each time I went on a KLR, XR or my old TT600 I was impressed at their comfort and speed over more dirt oriented bikes.

I'm always surprised Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda; even Yamaha never upgraded their basic thumpers to shed a bit of weight, add a starter (Honda), improve suspension and eliminate weak spots (the doohickey on the KLR) etc. I've not ridden a DR but each time I went on a KLR, XR or my old TT600 I was impressed at their comfort and speed over more dirt oriented bikes.

As long as they don't change the bike it does not need to go for emission test again. Apparently the thumpers are not so environmentally friendly... or so says the youtube vid I watched. And while it still sells, the design and R&D are paid already, so it is pure profit. 

Thats definite heat damage, more than likely no lubrication.

Is it running premix or an autolube.

Running in needs to be done at a richer ratio. probably 30:1, normal running at 40:1 although I run my bike at 32:1 as standard. Affects performance but reliability is more important to me.

Can anyone suggest a replacement battery for a BMW F800 , at a reasonable price and quality. Jhb-west rand area.

Hi, any of you follow paz customs on instagram? paz_customs.za

I had a bike frame painted by them a few years ago, they did excellent work on it, anyhow, they did some paintwork on a BMW cafe racer which is trending on their feed, you have to see that beaut!

Edit: I don't know how to pull insta pics and post

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Thats definite heat damage, more than likely no lubrication.

Is it running premix or an autolube.

Running in needs to be done at a richer ratio. probably 30:1, normal running at 40:1 although I run my bike at 32:1 as standard. Affects performance but reliability is more important to me.

Any recommend premix and engine oil to use for it? 011-KX85. bought it as a nonrunner,

no idea what the bike was being run on.  did get a replacement cylinder and waiting for a piston kit and new reeds.

Edited by Mongooser