Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

its a sad day in the Fork household. discussions were had and hard decisions made. Apparently university and res fees are more important than motorbikes and so the GS has to go. The way prices are rocketing I doubt whether i will ever be able to replace it. This adult thing sucks big time.

:(  :(  :(

Congratulations on getting your child into University. Be proud of how hard your child had to work to get there and the good job you and your wife did. You will never regret the decision and you never know what the future holds regarding a future bike.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on getting your child into University. Be proud of how hard your child had to work to get there and the good job you and your wife did. You will never regret the decision and you never know what the future holds regarding a future bike.

you are 100% correct. thank you for that post.. We are very proud. 

its a sad day in the Fork household. discussions were had and hard decisions made. Apparently university and res fees are more important than motorbikes and so the GS has to go. The way prices are rocketing I doubt whether i will ever be able to replace it. This adult thing sucks big time.

That's why I won't sell my bikes, it the University savings plan that gives joy till it gives you pain. But then again it's less debt and once your kid is qualified he can hopefully earn big bucks and buy you a new one when he is older and successful.......

It's just a bike, sold my TLR for a house and also thought I would never get another. Now I have 3 (one is my fiance's :whistling: ), life happens, its just another stage before the next.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I sold my 350 YPVS to buy a MTB so that my wife and I could ride Sani2c and more recently I sold one of my favourite Velocette's to buy shares in the company I work at now.  Life will work out in the end.  Besides, you have two bloody years to save for the new 700 Tenere and hopefully by then the ZAR will be racing back down to 10 to the $!

I came close to buying the new Kawasaki KLR 650. I still think it is one of coolest bikes given its simplicity and all round durability. It is high up on the list if I ever decide to get a bike again. 

So it really looks like the parallel twin platform is taking over. The Tenere 700, when it launches in 2052, now there is a XSR700 being launched among others like the KTM 790, etc......

But the best of the lot is this beast, sporting active aero no less. Looks like they are targeting the supertwin class in AMA and the Ilse of Mann TT with the configuration although it is still a concept with a pricetag rumoured at $20k if it is built. Basically a RSV1100 V4 motor with the rear 2 cylinders lopped off. IT IS A THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

post-35569-0-05010100-1541572350_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-46114000-1541572360_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-35411700-1541572374_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-91133100-1541572385_thumb.jpg

:( :( :(

Forkie I feel your pain. I sold my 1957 Ford to fund my son's degree. He did well, graduated and has now started another degree. I eventually made peace with it, sort of, but I still have not been back to the classic car club since. Not even too look at the other cars. I am confident my Son will have an interesting career eventually, one day. I am glad I am able to help him study without debt, but you are right, sometimes adulting sucks.

Not as spectacular, but I sold my first proper MTB (Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo - olive green) when my then fiance and I moved in together .... we needed a fridge!

A few years later coming back from honeymoon we still had some cash left over and I popped into a bicycle shop where I picked up a really nicely discounted Giant HT which got me back into cycling.

So the wheel turns Forkie!

So it really looks like the parallel twin platform is taking over. The Tenere 700, when it launches in 2052, now there is a XSR700 being launched among others like the KTM 790, etc......

But the best of the lot is this beast, sporting active aero no less. Looks like they are targeting the supertwin class in AMA and the Ilse of Mann TT with the configuration although it is still a concept with a pricetag rumoured at $20k if it is built. Basically a RSV1100 V4 motor with the rear 2 cylinders lopped off. IT IS A THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

Oh my.

Edit: Comments on A&R are accurate

fd7exqS.png

Edited by bertusras

attachicon.gif110618-Aprilia-RS-660-concept-9-259x388.jpg

attachicon.gifAprilia RS660 engine.jpg

attachicon.gifAprilia-RS-660-concept-A3-04.jpg

attachicon.gifhqdefault.jpg

Gorgeous!

attachicon.gif110618-Aprilia-RS-660-concept-9-259x388.jpg

attachicon.gifAprilia RS660 engine.jpg

attachicon.gifAprilia-RS-660-concept-A3-04.jpg

attachicon.gifhqdefault.jpg

I thought the first 2 pics were Robots (AI)....suppose they are monsters if not Robots. Wish Aprilia was promoted more. Does Cagiva still exist ?

I thought the first 2 pics were Robots (AI)....suppose they are monsters if not Robots. Wish Aprilia was promoted more. Does Cagiva still exist ?

Cagiva brand is owned by MV Agusta, no word on whether they will produce under the Cagiva name again. Sad.......

My Dad sold his 1100 GL Goldwing (1982 model) to pay for my sisters wedding. It was supposed to come to me when I turned 18. 

She got divorced 7 years later :thumbdown:  

sounds to me like your sister owes you a motorbike!

My Dad sold his 1100 GL Goldwing (1982 model) to pay for my sisters wedding. It was supposed to come to me when I turned 18. 

She got divorced 7 years later :thumbdown:  

Cagiva brand is owned by MV Agusta, no word on whether they will produce under the Cagiva name again. Sad.......

Sad,indeed .Remember the Cagiva Mito 125 2 stroke ? Mini Ducati 916.....many wet dreams !

Sad,indeed .Remember the Cagiva Mito 125 2 stroke ? Mini Ducati 916.....many wet dreams !

I had one, for all of two months! Bored it to a 165cc, it killed all the other 125s at the "dices"

This exact one:

http://img.bikebros.co.jp/vb_img/guide/img/cagiva/01/main.jpg