Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

attachicon.gif9042B200-7A06-466C-A458-291FF06F4EB7.jpeg

The old Yam turns 25 this year. Just fitted a new Pirelli rear and felt the need to scrub it in on a scenic ride..........so to Robinsons Pass.

The last tyre had just 1600 km and flatted with a 10 mm cut in the centre part of the tread.......real bummer, but I wont repair that, hense the new tyre!

Is this the fancy sp version and if so did you buy it from Thomas?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the fancy sp version and if so did you buy it from Thomas?

Nope, regular FZR 1000 RU. It is a US import, speedo in mph. Bought from KCR in Kempton..........last century!

Went for a lil ride today. Seeing as I commute a lot on the bike it’s sweet to have a lil leisure ride, lekker cold day too.

Was this picture taken in Australia ? ( sorry ).

It is not as straight forward as this. Earlier in this fred someone explained that some vin numbers are flagged as not road worthy, and then even if everything is streetlegal it is next to impossible to get it registered. 

I am sure andyman will be able to give you the exact information.  

Yup Spot-on.  From the Yamaha stable, (and up to 2011 when I left - not sure how it is now) All the bikes that were listed as "off-road or Competition-only" had their VIN numbers flagged so they were impossible to roadworthy.  Having said that, the WR250F and WR450F as well as the YZ250 are actually able to be registered - we lifted the flag because our riders back then (think it was Jade and Louwrens) wanted to do a race in Europe and for that, the bikes needed to be road legal - so we built two YZ250's and some WR's to test.  They are so slack now I bet they have all forgotten to change it back again!

You could also legally register ATV's when they first came out in the early 2000's, which is why in the smaller farming towns, you still see a few running around with number plates.  That changed because of an archaic law regarding vehicles with a solid rear axle - was written for farm implements in the 70's - mostly focused on tractors damaging the roads when turning.  ATV's were lumped into that category, so suddenly they became illegal.

If you do a limited slip differential modification to an ATV, and add all the roadworthy bits, you are legally allowed to use them on a public road.

Edited by Andymann

Agreed, the fact that it is a frame less design with the engine as a stressed member is going to bite them hard in their development too.

I am not a big JR65 fan, he is a bit too arrogant for my liking. He has been on the best bike by some way, not to say its all about the bike but he basically does time trials.

I was chatting with a friend and described it as modern day Playstation bike games, where you start last, get to first and then basically ride to see how fast you can lap.

BORING!!!!

Well if you end the Portimao test nearly a second faster than anyone else, you are pretty much guaranteed to leave them for dead once you get clean air

5SLVlya.png

Well if you end the Portimao test nearly a second faster than anyone else, you are pretty much guaranteed to leave them for dead once you get clean air

5SLVlya.png

BOOOOORING.

And they gave him 600rpm because they got it into their homologation model.

Ducati were never going to win, so Rea will inflate his records by another title, more wins and points for a season (due to the extra race per weekend).

Next year we should have a better competitor in the V4R.

BTW, you see the clusterf... that is the factory Honda team.

Chose to do a private test in Thailand instead of with all the other teams. Then the bikes never arrived!!!! What a disaster that team/bike is looking to be.......

Karma for screwing Ronald Ten Kate over... And hiring Kiyo...

THE. F.

Ten Kate weren't doing anything to be honest. So it was either that or withdraw. If they withdrew they would basically kill off the 1000 blade.

You want to see a proper shafting, its what Shaun Muir did to Laverty, even after Michael Dunlop did it to him. That was a douche move!!!!! But the BMW is looking quick........even with Sykes on it

5SLVlya.png

I have not followed WSB of late, preferring motogp but in the ole days WSB was the best bike racing on the planet. These,things go in circles guess.

It is testing and it is early days. The fact his teammate is in the bunch so to speak could be indicative of a) he really is in his own league or b) they were doing so out of the ordinary testing....

For the sake of racing let’s go for b