Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

I absolutely agree with you about a cover and the valet thing. Owning a bike is about passion and we - for what it's worth - develop a relationship of sorts with our bikes and want to care for them. 

Here is the link for the Wilddog parking thread. You may have to join to be able to see it but it's free.

https://wilddog.net.za/threads/bike-parking-cape-town-international-airport.259416/#post-4843902

Thanks for the link ... I have been a member for a long time, but vary rarely browse the site until recently

It's a useful site for many reasons. there are some opinions voiced there with which I do not agree at all but overall I find it useful although it has an offroad bias. But threads like MotoGP, and day to day tech issues are very entertaining/interesting and give me pause for thought.

Perhaps do a dry run to the airport using info you can find just to do a proof of concept? 

1 hour ago, sawystertrance said:

It's a useful site for many reasons. there are some opinions voiced there with which I do not agree at all but overall I find it useful although it has an offroad bias. But threads like MotoGP, and day to day tech issues are very entertaining/interesting and give me pause for thought.

Perhaps do a dry run to the airport using info you can find just to do a proof of concept? 

Will definitely give it a spin by arriving a little earlier and taking a look ... if I do not come right, then it will simply be the usual under cover spot. 

I used to do the bike cover thing at home and parked under cover at work. Eventually I settled with a tarp stretched over into a lean to. The cover removed the paint on all the contact areas, but this was years ago. Not sure what todays covers are like. 

Other option is a wendy at home if you have the space for it.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Will definitely give it a spin by arriving a little earlier and taking a look ... if I do not come right, then it will simply be the usual under cover spot. 

One of the guys in that thread said that the parking attendants were helpful so perhaps ask one of them when you get there. And if he doesn't know, find another. :D

9 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Haha, I've been given so much stick for my "chicken strip"

Screw those that have anything to say about that :)

On 11/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, Hairy said:

Just curious if there is still any interest on a end of year ride?

Sadly I will be back at work and unable to attend if it goes ahead. Ordinarily…….yes, I would join from George!

Built by a local PE guy. This bike is a absolute masterpiece. All aluminium panels are formed by hand and no body putty used. You want to see the exhaust systems that he builds.

Got him to do me a quote for a exhaust for the Rocket. It would of have been awesome but way above my budget.