Who else is sick at the moment?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratchy throat. Advice? 

Flugon Cough Syrup. Dischem.  Also recommend Flugon 365 everyday for general cold and flu resistance and ride recovery.

dorénavant, le chat est rouge... Hope your bike is fine and able to have you riding again soon!

on topic though- in an office of 7 people, 5 (6th one maybe soon) have been sick in the last month, 2 of them twice so different bugs... heck, its crazy. The people seem to be getting the flu bugs from their kids (not surprising) but then spread it in the office through poor hygiene.

Has there been any hub members who picked up the flu since beginning of May?

I had the anti flu injection in March I think, thus far no problems.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Doctor tells me I have "proper influenza". Suggested I was an idiot for working yesterday and exposing people when I am sniffling contagion all over the show. Told me there's no point giving me any medicines. No shortcuts. Go to bed. Drink water. Wait to feel better. If deep lung pain or difficulty breathing emerges its pneumonia and I should go to casualty.

Rips the guts out of my trailseeker and around the pot training.

Fever of 39.1. Shivering and sweating at the same time. Exhausted the supply of people i can complain to so writing here ....

Self pity and panado. Old mutual sends me an sms about funeral plans .... what do they know?

I've luckily had quite a healthy spell this year. Usually I get a cold at least once every 2 months, if not more often. Then its super sore throat for 2-3 days, general groggy feeling for a week and then the 2nd week you slowly start feeling better - but your nose is still running for a week at least.

This year I've done quite a few "big" events that you'd expect it to take it out of your body and leave you a bit vulnerable for a cold to get you. Nothing. The worse I've had this year was a bit of a dry throat for one night and a runny nose for a few days. The whole halflife less than a week, not a 2 week down and out thing.

Has there been any hub members who picked up the flu since beginning of May?

I've maybe had the flu a total of 3 times in my life before this year. Caught it in April this year - man down! And now again...

To add insult to injury, I threw my back out about 2 weeks ago - L5/S1 slipped disc that flares up every now and then. So I am completely useless at this point!

Touch-wood - I haven't been "ill" for a while now.

The last thing that was any sort of a problem was a little bit of Tendonitis in my right elbow, which has pretty much cleared up now.

I had to leave a braai early the other day- arrived there and as my firend opened the door one of his young broken condoms walked round the corner coughing with a runny nose, handed him the bottle of wine and promptly went home to braai instead. #bettersafethansorry

I've maybe had the flu a total of 3 times in my life before this year. Caught it in April this year - man down! And now again...

To add insult to injury, I threw my back out about 2 weeks ago - L5/S1 slipped disc that flares up every now and then. So I am completely useless at this point!

Hope your back comes right. Take it easy with bending and twisting, but keep moving, walking is good. I've done no real riding for 9 months as a result of L5/S1 problems.

Hardcore!

I had to leave a braai early the other day- arrived there and as my firend opened the door one of his young broken condoms walked round the corner coughing with a runny nose, handed him the bottle of wine and promptly went home to braai instead. #bettersafethansorry

Hope your back comes right. Take it easy with bending and twisting, but keep moving, walking is good. I've done no real riding for 9 months as a result of L5/S1 problems.

Something I have been struggling with for 5 years now - countless physio and chiro sessions, multiple intra spinal injections... I will go a year pain free, and then one morning wake up in agony and as a result I'm back in physio and off the bike for a month or two. I generally speaking avoid lifting heavy things, and try be carefull with how I twist, sit, etc. For the most part it works - but all it takes is one wrong move and it's kapoet again... for some reason that happenes two weeks ago on a Saturday ride in Jonkers. Was feeling useless on the bike the whole day and then woke up the next morning and I could barely get out of bed!

I know I will have to go for a fusion at some point - but being 26 yrs old I am trying to avoid that - Neurosurgeon recons the best course of action for now is to let my body heal itself... and I agree, not keen on a fusion now!