Who else is sick at the moment?

Kricky im battling with my sinuses (Wonder if dont have a Sinus infection).

Tired and gassed out all the time.

2nd week now.

This helps me for sinus infections/problems:

The Flow thing I use at night but twice a day if I have an infection and the bactroban twice a day after the Flo thing with a match head blob on an ear bud into each nostril for 5-6 days twice a day. Just always boil the water if you use the sinus wash thing.

http://www.enttech.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/product-full/public/Flo%20Sinus%20Care%20Starter%20Kit_0.jpg?itok=iK9Hw42O

http://apluspharm.co.za/image/cache/data/pictures/bactroban-300x300.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done my knee in a month ago.After every visit to Physio it seems to get worse.

10 months of training  for K2C and Cycle Tour down the tubes.Will have to swing my charity entry.NOT HAPPY!!

Thanks !!!

Ive been taking moducare and well as using my own concoction of salt and water, and using an old nasal spray bottle.

Plus drinking water.

But ill give your advice a shot. Thanks.

The Flow thing I use at night but twice a day if I have an infection and the bactroban twice a day after the Flo thing with a match head blob on an ear bud into each nostril for 5-6 days twice a day. Just always boil the water if you use the sinus wash thing.

http://www.enttech.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/product-full/public/Flo%20Sinus%20Care%20Starter%20Kit_0.jpg?itok=iK9Hw42O

It sounds odd using topical cream for sinuses but the Bactroban on earbud up nostril trick works for MRSA (the hospital superbug), so it should work for most sinus issues/infections.

This method is recommended treatment for MRSA, in conjunction with anti-b body scrubs.

It worked like a treat for my sinus infections.

Flushing with saline is what every ENT recommends.

Please note that I am NOT a doctor.

I battle with my ears. Feels like they are constantly full of water and is coupled with a sinus headache at times.

I battle with my ears. Feels like they are constantly full of water and is coupled with a sinus headache at times.

Exactly the same here...driving me mad!! Been going on for about 2 weeks. Half the people I speak to in Jozi are moaning about sinus/snot/ears!!

Whats going on :wacko:

It sounds odd using topical cream for sinuses but the Bactroban on earbud up nostril trick works for MRSA (the hospital superbug), so it should work for most sinus issues/infections.

This method is recommended treatment for MRSA, in conjunction with anti-b body scrubs.

It worked like a treat for my sinus infections.

Flushing with saline is what every ENT recommends.

Please note that I am NOT a doctor.

My ENT also told me about the Bactroban and recommended the Flo thing although I was using that already I also do a nasal spray sometimes. But I am way better now than many years before that and would have suffered this time of year.

I must just say that there are cases of brain eating amoeba as a result of not using safe water aka boiled or distilled (tap water is not safe) so be careful. 

My riding partner found out this morning he has malaria. He was in the northern part of Mozambique. Does not look like something I want to get.

After spending 4 night in hospital with a severely infected gall bladder, I was discharged last Monday only to be re-admitted to hospital last Thursday to have the damn thing removed.

Doc says that I need to stay off the bike for at least 4 weeks. Said that I can still do Argus, but I will not be able to train for it...

• 1 month later...

So who else has the throat itch starting... not my idea of fun...

Already on the sinutab extra strength, ACC200 and Andolex-C throat spray.

seasonal change catches me all the time.

So who else has the throat itch starting... not my idea of fun...

Already on the sinutab extra strength, ACC200 and Andolex-C throat spray.

seasonal change catches me all the time.

same here, got sick on Sunday and it just wont budge.Im hoping it will clear up so I can go riding this weekend.

I also get sick as soon as the season changes.

All good here so far, despite a drive to the coast for a week (which generally kicks off a cold!). Fingers crossed for a good winter!

I was on Antibiotics about 2 weeks ago, but it still feels i cant shake this damn bug. Went to the pharmacy yesterday and got some pills, immune boosters and 2000mg Vit C in the powder form.

So hopefully i can get rid of this bug.

Been coughing like a steam train for the last days. Had to give the MTB club ride this morning a miss.