Who else is sick at the moment?

Had proper flu 2 weeks before Trans Karoo, felt awful during the race and had my worst day ever on a bike.

Started feeling better about a week after, 2 weeks ago rode in the fog on TM and have been battling an URTI ever since. I got so frustrated being off the bike that I rode on Saturday, and just hammered it.

Now I'm coughing up lumps of rubber and feel like death warmed up.

Should have learned by now.

I gave it horns on the Amarider already having respiratory issue.  Next day did a ride with Waylon not dress warm enough.

Picked up a terrible flu.  Been down for 6 days, starting to feel better, but still coughing rubber.

I'll ease into biking, luckily I have an indoor trainer. 

This flu going around is not a joke.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also feel like I'm getting a respiratory infection. Third time this year. Hope I won't be down and out tomorrow.

I started sneezing and coughing on Friday so did not ride Saturday.  Took some Benylin on Sunday and went for a very easy 40km ride.  Got home and wiped out on the bed for 8 hours!  Got up to have hot bath, felt a bit dizzy.  Next thing flat on the floor!  Slept it off and feeling a bit better today.

No riding for me for the week!

I've had the flu and cough for 2 weeks now.Took some Antibiotic,going away very slowly.My wife and kid also had it,but not as bad as mine.What is going on in this country? Every year the flu gets worse and worse.

Been off the bike 2 weeks now,so have to start all over again with training,so depressing.

I've had the flu and cough for 2 weeks now.Took some Antibiotic,going away very slowly.My wife and kid also had it,but not as bad as mine.What is going on in this country? Every year the flu gets worse and worse.

Been off the bike 2 weeks now,so have to start all over again with training,so depressing.

The worst part is that another strain comes along and you are sick again in a few weeks time.

I spent most of last winter sick, its just crazy.

Relieved not be down with infection today. Yeeehaaaaa! :clap:

Sorry guys. Those suffering but I've been sick to much already. :nuke:

Was also sick with sniffles with the past 2 weeks. Came to Mauritius for work (luckily my ears and sinuses didnt act up during the flight) and low and behold, I am well today (thanks to warmer temp).

Didnt bring my bike, so will do some exercise on the stationary bike in the hotel. But atleast I am well now again...

I was looking forward to doing some riding after Comrades. Instead I have been sick since.  :mellow:

I think it is finally clearing up - felt like a nasty strain this year (to me anyway).

Been sick for the last month :-(  I suffer badly with sinus this time of year and with colds on top of sinus it makes everything worse.  Unfortunately haven't been sick enough to warrant going to the doc, but sick enough to not be able to train properly which sucks.

Reassuring to see this thread - felt like I was the only rider who's Transbaviaans training plan is derailed by flu!

Been off the bike for 10 days, started riding on Monday again. I have the Kalahari Challenge on the 25th of this month...

Last year I suffered badly and was sick most of the winter months (May/June/July), like Ratty not sick enough to go to the doctor or be booked off but sick ebough that riding was just intermittent.

This year I have taken precautions (Flu injection end of April and taking some herbal immune booster) and so far so good. Also being extra careful ....