Strava Opportunist

MrFine

Stava Opportunist or Not  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Opportunist or Not

• Yes
    • No

Had a good ride today. Everything and all conditions in my favour Do a reservoir climb in my area allot and today I saw they had scrapped the dirt road so well it could just have been a tar road. Normally loose gravel and rocks to deal with. Well as you can guess I got a couple of KOM.Am I a Stava opportunist or just in the right place at the right time. Well I guess someone can rock up tomorrow and do the same.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most dudes who are anxious about moving up the ranks choose ideal conditions to try and get kom's. even going so far as only doing that segment for the day. Who cares, we can all see if you did that or if your com was part of a proper ride.

I never worry about kom's set up if they are not part of a proper ride.

To each his own.

Had a good ride today. Everything and all conditions in my favour Do a reservoir climb in my area allot and today I saw they had scrapped the dirt road so well it could just have been a tar road. Normally loose gravel and rocks to deal with. Well as you can guess I got a couple of KOM.Am I a Stava opportunist or just in the right place at the right time. Well I guess someone can rock up tomorrow and do the same.

KIKOP

KOM is KOM, ou pel...

The only thing you did wrong is to advertise that a segment you have just KOMed is easier than before. The Stravanites will be stealing your KOM far too soon now....

The only thing you did wrong is to advertise that a segment you have just KOMed is easier than before. The Stravanites will be stealing your KOM far too soon now....

That would be great.Like to see a lot more riders around my valley.Got some great rides and routes in and around the Mooinooi and Buffelspoort valley

I use strava to gauge myself against myself,,,,,cough cough bullsheet, ok I agree if the robot gods work with you , Mother Nature blows your way, and you get no mechanical assistance, then on that day all the moons have aligned and you are KOM for a day,,,good for you, because tomorrow, Mother Nature might just favor someone else a little more

Right place right Time.

Not any doing of yours that they scrapped the road.

Any body could have been there, same as you.

Well he 'says' he had to use the tar road . . . . . ./wink wink/

:-)

Wait till the road is bad again . . . then go and beat your own KOM! :devil:

Then have 2 beers.

KOM is nice, but rather click the "My Results" button and see if you have bettered yourself.

KOM- feeling is nice BUT is really only for yourself. Nobody else really cares.

There is always guys faster than you, that don't give a rats ass about strava. :whistling:

Edited by IH8MUD

The world of Strava is no place for a man with a conscience.

Take it, claim it and wait for the Kudos to flow... and if anyone takes it off you then go back with a 4x4 and really make sure it's yours!

I use strava to gauge myself against myself,,,,,cough cough bullsheet, ok I agree if the robot gods work with you , Mother Nature blows your way, and you get no mechanical assistance, then on that day all the moons have aligned and you are KOM for a day,,,good for you, because tomorrow, Mother Nature might just favor someone else a little more

LIES LIES LIES

You use Strava for coffee rides! :whistling:

Wait till the road is bad again . . . then go and beat your own KOM! :devil:

Then have 2 beers.

KOM is nice, but rather click the "My Results" button and see if you have bettered yourself.

KOM- feeling is nice BUT is really only for yourself. Nobody else really cares.

There is always guys faster than you, that don't give a rats ass about strava. :whistling:

Off the topic.Looks like your Dog has a lot of character.