• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched John Wick 3 last night, seems like there will be a nr4, and then, in my opinion, they must stop, otherwise it may become dragged out. Awesome scenes, especially with the Belgian malinois in play.

Watched John Wick 3 last night, seems like there will be a nr4, and then, in my opinion, they must stop, otherwise it may become dragged out. Awesome scenes, especially with the Belgian malinois in play.

I loved it. Given that all 3 (now 4) movies will take place over the span of less than a week (check it out) there's definitely gonna be a fourth episode for the BABAYAGA.

IMO it's a long story. More than could have been crammed into a single or even 2 movies. The inclusion of Mr IRON CHEF was bloody brilliant, and I really look forward to seeing Keanu and Fishburne meting out their justice in the next episode.

This, like The Accountant (and a few others) are films I could watch over and over again. Just so appealing to my inner masochist and justiciar.

Tonight, ANNA is on the cards. Thank goodness for loyalty discounts from multiply and Vitality, otherwise this affinity for movies would be as bad as dwugs.

R444 for 4 to watch a movie in 3D, not even IMAX. Down to R111 with the discount.

Back in 2009 I was with Yamaha and I bought my parents a Yamaha Surround sound system.  It was quite tricky to set up properly so my Dad never really connected it.  I have now bought their house and in one of the cupboards I found the system all nicely packed away so spent the last few weekends getting it all connected again.

My wife is away for the next 10 days, so its going to be: (on Full Dolby Stereo 5ch Surround Sound) :-)

1. Top Gun (again)

2. Days of Thunder (again)

3. Master and Commander 

4. Bohemian Rhapsody

and last but not least

Pirate Radio (or the Boat that Rocked - depends where you look for it)

Tonight, ANNA is on the cards. Thank goodness for loyalty discounts from multiply and Vitality, otherwise this affinity for movies would be as bad as dwugs.

What did you think of the movie?

I had no prior info on the movie (my wife said this is what we are watching, and I agreed...) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was some creative license moments, like the laptop in Russia in the late 80's connected to nothing, yet filling in an online form it seemed.

I don't watch movies for factual accuracy, so it didn't bother me, I just noticed it.

And then when the credits started and Luc Besson's name came up, It all fell in place for me.

He clearly has a "type" of female lead that he likes to cast, like Milla in 5th Element, and now this Russian chick in Anna.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, ticked all the right boxes for me.

Watched Spider-Man: Far From Home last night. 

Will have to watch it a second time, but I'm leaning towards a strong 7, light 8. 

Consistently had a smile on my face and it really works as a teen dramedy dressed up as a Spider-Man flick. There's a few little plot points to nitpick, but it's overall a tight film and paced really well. 

Those post-credit scenes tho! There's two of them, so stay till right at the end. 

What did you think of the movie?

I had no prior info on the movie (my wife said this is what we are watching, and I agreed...) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was some creative license moments, like the laptop in Russia in the late 80's connected to nothing, yet filling in an online form it seemed.

I don't watch movies for factual accuracy, so it didn't bother me, I just noticed it.

And then when the credits started and Luc Besson's name came up, It all fell in place for me.

He clearly has a "type" of female lead that he likes to cast, like Milla in 5th Element, and now this Russian chick in Anna.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, ticked all the right boxes for me.

I'm not sure, man. LOVED the action. Loved the subterfuge. The constant timeline changing was a bit overdone, IMO, but overall.... 7. Would watch again, but not in a hurry. 

Back in 2009 I was with Yamaha and I bought my parents a Yamaha Surround sound system.  It was quite tricky to set up properly so my Dad never really connected it.  I have now bought their house and in one of the cupboards I found the system all nicely packed away so spent the last few weekends getting it all connected again.

My wife is away for the next 10 days, so its going to be: (on Full Dolby Stereo 5ch Surround Sound) :-)

1. Top Gun (again)

2. Days of Thunder (again)

3. Master and Commander 

4. Bohemian Rhapsody

and last but not least

Pirate Radio (or the Boat that Rocked - depends where you look for it)

DUUUUUUDE.

You're also missing Interstellar and Arrival for their soundtracks. And.... It's All Gone Pete Tong. 

DUUUUUUDE.

You're also missing Interstellar and Arrival for their soundtracks. And.... It's All Gone Pete Tong. 

Didn't particularly like Interstellar but geez the sound was amazing in the IMAX theatre - that blew me away!

Didn't particularly like Interstellar but geez the sound was amazing in the IMAX theatre - that blew me away!

I saw it in a normal cinema with an end-of-life sound system. It was atrocious. Ruined the movie, completely. Then saw it again at home on my system and 51" TV, and it was glorious.