• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

They've developed the 007 character lately with 'Skyfall' onwards revealing his childhood 

Brings context to Craig's performance

Its not that, the modern day politically correct world cannot   allow a Roger Moore type character to pomp his way around the world whilst throwing bad guys to the sharks then chirping a classic one liner.

Like this

Bond: “Who are you?”

Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”

Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

or 

Tiger Tanaka: “Rule number two; in Japan, men come first, women come second.”

Bond: “I just might retire here.”

or

Bond: “I was wrong about you.”

Christmas Jones: “Yeah, how so?”

Bond: “I thought Christmas only comes once a year.

or 

Never Say Never Again

Fatima Blush: “Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.” Bond: “Yes, but my martini is still dry. My name is James.”

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that, the modern day politically correct world cannot   allow a Roger Moore type character to pomp his way around the world whilst throwing bad guys to the sharks then chirping a classic one liner.

Count me in with the "politically correct world". You can only repeat the same tropes & corny jokes so many times before it becomes stale. Luckily for the peeps who prefer the old style of Bond movies there are about 50 of them that they can rewatch as many times as they like. I liked the change of direction the Daniel Craig movies brought although Spectre was a horrible movie (can't belief its 4 years ago already!)

Count me in with the "politically correct world". You can only repeat the same tropes & corny jokes so many times before it becomes stale. Luckily for the peeps who prefer the old style of Bond movies there are about 50 of them that they can rewatch as many times as they like. I liked the change of direction the Daniel Craig movies brought although Spectre was a horrible movie (can't belief its 4 years ago already!)

I have enjoyed the new bonds but they seem lost in the world of Jason Bourne, MI etc franchises that have had the jump on Bond recently.   That being said Bond needs to get back to what worked and that formula included a Hero that is not  the least bit concerned with what is WOKE.

I have enjoyed the new bonds but they seem lost in the world of Jason Bourne, MI etc franchises that have had the jump on Bond recently. That being said Bond needs to get back to what worked and that formula included a Hero that is not the least bit concerned with what is WOKE.

IMO Bond is Bond and shouldn't try to be anything else..I will also add.. Bond needs to be Idris Elba..cause damn..that man is hot and smooth and oh la la.[emoji3059]

Just finished 6 Underground on Netflix, awesome movie, loads of poking at other movies (Ryan Reynolds) directed by Michael Bay. Really just lekker to watch, loads of detail in the SFX, look out for the small details hidden.

Edited by corrie.kuilder

Just finished 6 Underground on Netflix, awesome movie, loads of poking at other movies (Ryan Reynolds) directed by Michael Bay. Really just lekker to watch, loads of detail in the SFX, look out for the small details hidden.

Loved it. Really funny but excellent action

Barely noticed it. Will give it a view.  :thumbup:

The Irishman will be streaming on Netflix from tomorrow

Probably one of the most anticipated movies this year.

I know we have been waiting for it since before production..

5ac8ab54ed7ca4bb4d65d3345b6cdb1c.jpg

Watched "The Irishman"  this last weekend

Excellent

Another good old outlaw story on Netflix with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson (these 2 actually make the movie)

Highwaymen

Great movie

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Quite a bit better than the first one in my opinion.

IMDb gave it a 6,6/10. I give it a 8/10.