Who remembers?

DPG

Now we are ageing ourselves!!

While we are at it , my " savings " were with the Post Office . Savings were recorded in a hand written booklet , with the tiny PO ink stamp making entries official. Also remember the so-called " sent legging " at school in order to raise funds for the school.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Volkskas gave me a piggy bank like this when I opened an account in Sub  A. It had a slot for each size coin, you could see how full it got and you could only open it by taking it to the bank where they had the right key for it. So, when full, they opened it and you deposited the total into your account. Such a simple way to teach good financial principles. I wonder what happened to that little piggy bank of mine. It was a neat piece of kit! 

post-17716-0-72780900-1541502212_thumb.jpg

Volkskas gave me a piggy bank like this when I opened an account in Sub A. It had a slot for each size coin, you could see how full it got and you could only open it by taking it to the bank where they had the right key for it. So, when full, they opened it and you deposited the total into your account. Such a simple way to teach good financial principles. I wonder what happened to that little piggy bank of mine. It was a neat piece of kit!

Damm that is a long time ago..

I had a Bob something savings account at FNB when I was in primary school..similar thing, they gave us a plastic piggy bank that looked like an ATM..when full you would take it in and then deposit into you account..I remember being rather excited when I turned 13 and could get a Bob teen account.

Damm that is a long time ago..

I had a Bob something savings account at FNB when I was in primary school..similar thing, they gave us a plastic piggy bank that looked like an ATM..when full you would take it in and then deposit into you account..I remember being rather excited when I turned 13 and could get a Bob teen account.

Was that the Demin Card?

Was that the Demin Card?

Damn I can't remember what they looked like.[emoji23][emoji23] maybe

Sorry confused it with the BOB T

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ada3419cabce1faf93c879ebddb1db211.jpg

But I clearly remember something about a Denim Card for teenagers, I remember cause I wanted one so badly.

http://www.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ada3419cabce1faf93c879ebddb1db211.jpg

But I clearly remember something about a Denim Card for teenagers, I remember cause I wanted one so badly.

Ha yeah..I had those lol

Ha yeah..I had those lol

I had a BOB T card too.  And for some reason I still remember what it stood for - Barclays Omni Bank.....one of those things that just sticks in your head.

I also remember the ****-storm when Barclays changed to FNB and apparently their new emblem had a Rabbit and an AK47 in there somewhere.  All pro-ANC apparently.

I remember having the Junior card and was SO jealous of my older sisters who had the T cards because they sponsored Motocross!! Those were the cool kids!

........... apparently their new emblem had a Rabbit and an AK47 in there somewhere..........

:D Same muppets tried to tell us that if you played a Black Sabbath record backwards horrible things would happen to you. Except the obvious - that you would ruin a perfectly good piece of music!

I had a BOB T card too.  And for some reason I still remember what it stood for - Barclays Omni Bank.....one of those things that just sticks in your head.

I also remember the ****-storm when Barclays changed to FNB and apparently their new emblem had a Rabbit and an AK47 in there somewhere.  All pro-ANC apparently.

What is a travelers cheque, anyway?

post-65378-0-38464200-1541583617_thumb.jpg

:D Same muppets tried to tell us that if you played a Black Sabbath record backwards horrible things would happen to you. Except the obvious - that you would ruin a perfectly good piece of music!

Ja and if you played a Bles Bridges record backwards you would get a potjie kos recipe.

I had a BOB T card too. And for some reason I still remember what it stood for - Barclays Omni Bank.....one of those things that just sticks in your head.

I also remember the ****-storm when Barclays changed to FNB and apparently their new emblem had a Rabbit and an AK47 in there somewhere. All pro-ANC apparently.

The story I remember was the tree had the letters ANC in it

What is a travelers cheque, anyway?

It was a cheque in foreign currency specific denominations 20 50 100 that were used as cash overseas.

Simply put