Who remembers?

DPG

At school they used to show movies using those

Then, halfway through, there would be a wobble flap clackety clickety bang sound and an all white screen as the film broke. That was the sign to quickly let go of the girlfriend before the lights came on for the forced 10 minutes break while the science teacher stuck it together with cellotape and got the movie going again.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then, halfway through, there would be a wobble flap clackety clickety bang sound and an all white screen as the film broke. That was the sign to quickly let go of the girlfriend before the lights came on for the forced 10 minutes break while the science teacher stuck it together with cellotape and got the movie going again.

When the reel got stuck , the projector burnt a hole in the film. I think my dad could not wait for this to happen so that he could use his splicing gadget. Edited by Tromp

Long ago and far away... :(

"It was long ago and far away and so much better than it is today"

Now who remembers where those lyrics come from - a larger than life character with an album released in the late 70's that certainly shaped my musical taste.  I felt like a rebel listening to it  :devil:

Edited by Andymann

I remember a December when we drove up to Uppington for the "holidays" while my father was working on some or other site.

Drove up in a bakkie with mattresses at the bike where my sister and I were harboured. At one of these stations we stopped to pick up some "army guys". Will never forget that.

EDIT: that and the place we stayed at (Think it was Die Oord) had just recently been through a flood, they also played Crocodile Dundee in the hall on a projector and then it was thought to be good sports to get huge jugs of milk and juice to the pool where you raced around the large pool. Every lap you took one glass of milk and then juice .... in that heat with that combination the inevitable result was that there was alot of mixed milk/juice on the grass afterwards :P

boetie gaan border toe

Edited by Hairy

"It was long ago and far away and so much better than it is today"

Now who remembers where those lyrics come from - a larger than life character with an album released in the late 70's that certainly shaped my musical taste. I felt like a rebel listening to it :devil:

Amazing album. I've seen him several times live and he was fantastic.