Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, there was a 'serial' on the radio, BTV, called TAXI I think. Listened to it at varsity, in between reading cowboy novels, they were fast reads, so you could build up your novel count!!!!

Yep Taxi it was on springbok radio, New York taxi driver Chuck

Edited by SwissVan

My last caravan excursion with my folks, on the way to Beira. We spent overnight at the caravan park at the top of Christmas Pass, Umtali. Being the surly, unsociable 19 year old I was, I wondered down the pass with my Dad's Supersonic 'portable' radio on my shoulder:

http://img.bidorbuy.co.za/image/upload/user_images/889/1345889_110821210818_129.JPG

Edited by HeyYou

In the 70's we didn't have a TV - so it was radio every night. Tracey Dark . . .Jet Jungle . . . . 

Also grew up without a TV but listened to the wireless regularly.  Thank goodness!

Jet jungle, men from the ministry, the chappie chipmunk show and of course the all time favorite Squad Cars. Before we got a TV which we eventually did, the family used to crowd around the HI-Fi on a Friday night and listen to all the shows. When TV was launched in SA There were no adverts and the first program ever aired.... Shane (western).

good memories.

Also grew up without a TV but listened to the wireless regularly. Thank goodness!

The “wireless”?? How’s the new hip?

The “wireless”?? How’s the new hip?

Not new, just repairs otherwise working in a fashion - like a crayfish.????

Some of us grew up listening to the Rolling Stones.  The cool ones still do - now this is hip :clap:

Not new, just repairs otherwise working in a fashion - like a crayfish.????

Some of us grew up listening to the Rolling Stones. The cool ones still do - now this is hip :clap:

Even though I was “only” born in the 80s, I grew up to the Stones, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Who etc

Still dominate my top played songs on iTunes

But these kids who wear Nirvana T-shirt’s because a Kardashian did, they are not hip, they are twats :P

Edited by Patchelicious