Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

The Pro's here are not been tested much... none of the Mtb'ers in this country are even on the bio-passport. They don't have the funds. So all we are saying is rather focus the money we do have where it matters. If someone is doping at the Cape Pioneer to come 365th - I couldn't care less. That is entirely his problem...

I think the top guys are on the passport but not the whereabouts program

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing midpack riders, oldies and funriders is just plain stupid. I fall in the midpack category, don't read the label of every product I consume, and don't intend to do so in the future.

If any race official wants a piss test, he can have it, and I reckon there's a good chance I will test positive from time to time ~ not because I'm trying to cheat or move from finishing in place 300 to place 290, but because I am a normal (non pro) cyclist who eats and drinks whatever he likes.

I think the top guys are on the passport but not the whereabouts program

My apologies, you are quite correct... getting muddled up here :blush:

Anyways, bottom line, not enough testing on the pro's and tests being used on non-competitive cyclists is a complete farce. :thumbup:

Is the dope testing for "health reasons" point not maybe being confused with the cautionary suspensions handed to rider with high haemacrit levels in the EPO era when there was no test?

Anyways, bottom line, not enough testing on the pro's

Yes.

d tests being used on non-competitive cyclists is a complete farce. :thumbup:

No

I also think that testing is ridiculous - I mean I'm on two meds for high blood pressure, and both of them are banned. As well as most cold meds ... but I know that, because I actually read the rules

:D*gasp shock horror*

Testing midpack riders, oldies and funriders is just plain stupid. I fall in the midpack category, don't read the label of every product I consume, and don't intend to do so in the future.

If any race official wants a piss test, he can have it, and I reckon there's a good chance I will test positive from time to time ~ not because I'm trying to cheat or move from finishing in place 300 to place 290, but because I am a normal (non pro) cyclist who eats and drinks whatever he likes.

Snap!!

So I've entered for the CP..... So I stand the off chase of getting tested...... And the off chance of being positive.... AND then being labelled a cheat.

Maybe I can escape being burnt at the stake.

Which means that I can return to being a fun rider at the age of 50. Eish!!!

Ditto on the underlined bit.

Even if I read the label, I don't know what half the s*** is that that goes into it. And I'm talking about day to day stuff - not the miracle weight loss, strength gaining, placebo-effect stuff on the market.

I also think that testing is ridiculous - I mean I'm on two meds for high blood pressure, and both of them are banned. As well as most cold meds ... but I know that, because I actually read the rules

:D*gasp shock horror*

An early confession? Good for you! :whistling:

Edited by Underachiever

Shame really.

I agree with everything and yes it's a shame, but what if they catch a guy who took some pilletjie that his dietician or doctor said is OK for him to use and he takes it to lose weight and better his health, he has no intention to dope, but all intention to live a healthier life.

People have stomach bypasses, have ingrown nails removed, get classes and contact lenses, every industry has it's challenges, strippers get bigger plastic titties, golfers go for elbow operations or take joint supplements, all of this could be considered an "unfair advantage"

You said it best, and that is the crux of it.

"So to take away the ego from the Vet/Master/Funrider is futile but to take away the $$/contract from the pro and then they'll start cleaning up the sport"

That my friend, is a very profound and good statement :thumbup:

TUE - a bitch to get, but with proper diagnosis it's not difficult. I've got one for the first med, waiting and waiting and waiting about the second one, which was added two months ago.

Doper :devil:

Nope Tumbles not being confused

(Sorry my quote function is not working at the moment.)

I believe the health angle is just one if the aspects when it comes to testing, a lot of stuff out there that is bad for you and gets abused by some just so they can continue to take part and not just to improve performance.

Imho there's a lot of prescription and even over the counter medication that form part of treating a number of bona fide medical conditions/illnesses.

Dope testing and TUE procedures should really be focussed on properly categorised racing classes with a full uci/racing licence, even if it's just a day licence. Not so much on a 'cyclosport' or general licence, this isn't where the doping gains are an issue at all. Especially given the tight funding.

CSA/SAIDS could also provide a bit more context than simply stating a tribunal was carried out by an independant panel.

That aside, they generally do a good job considering the resources available and for the most part it's more than easy enough to check up on your medication.

Theres a useful app available, which can be installed on your phone - http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/medication-check-4/

Which my meds, Coryx is listed for "banned in competition" so now that had been turfed from the medicine cabinet.

With SA Champs at Thaba Trails coming up I decided to not race because of being sick, the meds and still having a head full of snot and what not. Can't afford for manflu to end of in my chest, plus I don't make a living from racing. Farkit, I barely have enough to training to get around a course looking fully composed!

Personally i wish they would have such a strong stance on some of the other sports...the way substances are being abused in rugby from a schoolboy level is scary!

Exactly. If you dropped a match into the urinal in a Super Rugby teams change room you'd get a more spectacular fireworks display than they have at the end of the final game!

Nope Tumbles not being confused

(Sorry my quote function is not working at the moment.)

I believe the health angle is just one if the aspects when it comes to testing, a lot of stuff out there that is bad for you and gets abused by some just so they can continue to take part and not just to improve performance.

Ja, I saw you post after I posted. But is there not maybe some connection between? EPO deaths made the authorities get a bit more serious about things.