Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

Testing midpack riders, oldies and funriders is just plain stupid. I fall in the midpack category, don't read the label of every product I consume, and don't intend to do so in the future.

If any race official wants a piss test, he can have it, and I reckon there's a good chance I will test positive from time to time ~ not because I'm trying to cheat or move from finishing in place 300 to place 290, but because I am a normal (non pro) cyclist who eats and drinks whatever he likes.

Agreed, if he wants me to piss, he can have the cup with piss in as well as on it.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing how many people try to condone the use of banned supplements for any rider regardless of whom they are. It’s the middle of the pack guys who are most at risk of the adverse effects of drugs. Imagine the stress on your heart if you are overweight and at 100% of your HR max? Heart attack waiting to happen!!

For all riders regardless of who you are, testing is to stop you from cheating, and for your own health benefits.

Have we determined who Hendrik is yet ?

I looked on the TDF list and then moved on to The Epic podiums list and from there to the national marathons and series, also on CTP results I don't see him near the top step.

So who is this Frankenstein and why was he tested ?

Agreed, if he wants me to piss, he can have the cup with piss in as well as on it.

Cock up is YOU as individual handle that cup from start to finish....even when you have to devide it into "A" and "B" sample bottles, YOU do it....not the guy that tests....he just watch.....

I find it amazing how many people try to condone the use of banned supplements for any rider regardless of whom they are. It’s the middle of the pack guys who are most at risk of the adverse effects of drugs. Imagine the stress on your heart if you are overweight and at 100% of your HR max? Heart attack waiting to happen!!

For all riders regardless of who you are, testing is to stop you from cheating, and for your own health benefits.

You are missing the point of the discussion. Go read up a bit on the replies

If you kill yourself through doping that is entirely your own problem. I don't care in the slightest.

What does bug me is scarce resources, to which I quite possibly contributed through my membership fees, being wasted on testing absolute nobodies, while doping could still be rampant in the pro ranks, for all we know.

This just feels like so such a useless exercise.

I am amazed how many slate doping when a pro gets caught and how he is cheating etc. but when an unknown name then it's all good. Guy even gets defended. This guy has a license number so is a licensed cyclist and subject yo normal rules. Cheating us cheating, back marker or not. Random tests serve a purpose as it keeps everyone on their toes. If everyone knew only the top pro's would be tested, many others would dope. And let's race it, there is some good prize money etc at stake outside of the pro ranks.

I have been beaten by riders who dope, and it's unfair. So anyone caught then I think it's good. If I get caught because I'm just in the bunch and didn't check on the meds I took, then I must take the punishment.

Where do you then draw the line on who is tested and who not ? You take part in a sport you have the risk of being tested. That's how it should be.

I also disagree that pro's not tested. I have ridden with pro's training and they get a call that testers are at the house and they need to get home for a test. This is 8 on a Sunday morning.

Have we determined who Hendrik is yet ?

I looked on the TDF list and then moved on to The Epic podiums list and from there to the national marathons and series, also on CTP results I don't see him near the top step.

So who is this Frankenstein and why was he tested ?

Oom H maybe?

I'm kaking my pants here as i have SA XCo champs this weekend not because I'm willing & knowingly taking something illegal, but its possible that something illegal pops up in a test & then i get crucified by the hub. now i'm sure everyone is going to harp on about "it's your responsibility to check what you take" but lets be honest, how many of us really do & no i'm not a pro or elite either, just another average vet. I'm banking on Dischems good faith that all their supplements are not on the banned list.

Guest Smimby

My apologies, you are quite correct... getting muddled up here :blush:

Anyways, bottom line, not enough testing on the pro's and tests being used on non-competitive cyclists is a complete farce. :thumbup:

Local pro riders have to disclose their whereabouts also.....

Guest Smimby

This statement makes NO sense...when you are overweight you 100% hr might be 90bpm and fitter but still overweight might be 145bpm at you 100%

BPM will NOT cause an attack, high BP, or other factors like EPO etc until you blood is as thick as butter...yes......

Guest Smimby

None of the mountain bikers - list is available on UCI website

Not on the UCI site, but to the LOCAL doping control people....there was a moan by Evans and Steward no so long ago about this on twitter. They said why is was that they got a "surpirse" visit when they clearly stated on their forms when and where it would be ok for them to be tested....Jeroen replied still saying....it is a "surprise test"

Not on the UCI site, but to the LOCAL doping control people....there was a moan by Evans and Steward no so long ago about this on twitter. They said why is was that they got a "surpirse" visit when they clearly stated on their forms when and where it would be ok for them to be tested....Jeroen replied still saying....it is a "surprise test"

I wasn't aware that there is a local whereabouts program. Wonder how it is administered? By whom?

Guest Smimby

I wasn't aware that there is a local whereabouts program. Wonder how it is administered? By whom?

Not sure about the detail, just noticed the comments on Twitter at the time. Maybe not the same as the international program. More like a when and where can they get hold of you to test and they might or might not rock up for a test.

Not sure about the detail, just noticed the comments on Twitter at the time. Maybe not the same as the international program. More like a when and where can they get hold of you to test and they might or might not rock up for a test.

It is administered by SAIDS