Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

Can I add my 5 cents worth too..... I totally agree with dope testing at Pro level, no matter what substance and I agree with the minimum 2 year ban. A pro cyclist or any sports man for that matter, is representing a sponsor that is paying their salary and expecting positive publicity, a cheating pro cyclist is thus earning big money to do a job! Now here is where my issue starts, I do feel that Vets should be tested but I feel that certain "banned substances" should be looked at under that specific circumstance. This Vet has been bust using a diet "drug" that you get in most off the shelf diet products, so we have a 40 something guy thats making a effort to look after his body, spend money to look and feel better, and not blow it on Klippies and Kola, this VET most likely has no sponsor, pays his own way and has a good career and really does this for fun, and now The Vampires spend thousands to test and bust and ban him......WTF. I am a Vet, been racing almost 30 years and I am on a banned pain killer for a 3 level spinal fusion I had recently, I have never bothered declaring it to the cycling authorities because it has nothing to do with them ( I do however have a Dr script and letter) and honestly, this **** knocks me out cold so I dont really see how I am going to win the next Vets tour on it. My point is, there are lots of folks out there knowingly using so called "banned" drugs to improve their lives, this does not make them cheats, dope heads or anything bad in my eyes.....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now thats 100% my point, my dad had shingles dam nasty stuff, if the dr said take this in the morning and in 2 weeks you will be fine,,,,,ill take what ever,,,,THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT the last thing on my mind is my next fun "race" and what if i have to fill a cup

Yeah i understand, but funny enough the following went through my mind based on previous "discussions" about testing funriders

I can see the hub headline in a few weeks time

Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

Swisshypocritvan tests postive in Zurich

My take is that I will just carry on as I do now, if I get tested and they find 'something' and I get banned well then I will carry on riding in the veld and suburbs ... not 'racing' may have affected me in years gone by but not anymore.

And no I am not now suddenly going to to check everything I ingest on some phone app :whistling:

Have we determined who Hendrik is yet ?

I looked on the TDF list and then moved on to The Epic podiums list and from there to the national marathons and series, also on CTP results I don't see him near the top step.

So who is this Frankenstein and why was he tested ?

I'm no Horatio, but looking at the man receiving an award in front of an Anderson Transport trailer, I might be inclined to deduce that he is one of the family or owners of the company, or not...

Cue, "Who are you??"

Can I add my 5 cents worth too..... I totally agree with dope testing at Pro level, no matter what substance and I agree with the minimum 2 year ban. A pro cyclist or any sports man for that matter, is representing a sponsor that is paying their salary and expecting positive publicity, a cheating pro cyclist is thus earning big money to do a job! Now here is where my issue starts, I do feel that Vets should be tested but I feel that certain "banned substances" should be looked at under that specific circumstance. This Vet has been bust using a diet "drug" that you get in most off the shelf diet products, so we have a 40 something guy thats making a effort to look after his body, spend money to look and feel better, and not blow it on Klippies and Kola, this VET most likely has no sponsor, pays his own way and has a good career and really does this for fun, and now The Vampires spend thousands to test and bust and ban him......WTF. I am a Vet, been racing almost 30 years and I am on a banned pain killer for a 3 level spinal fusion I had recently, I have never bothered declaring it to the cycling authorities because it has nothing to do with them ( I do however have a Dr script and letter) and honestly, this **** knocks me out cold so I dont really see how I am going to win the next Vets tour on it. My point is, there are lots of folks out there knowingly using so called "banned" drugs to improve their lives, this does not make them cheats, dope heads or anything bad in my eyes.....

thats what i tried to say, he just said it betterer :blush: :blush:

Maybe they should increase the cost of licensing for all riders so that there is more money available for more frequent dope testing across a bigger pool of riders.

There goes your nomination for moderator.... down the urinal literaly

My take is that I will just carry on as I do now, if I get tested and they find 'something' and I get banned well then I will carry on riding in the veld and suburbs ... not 'racing' may have affected me in years gone by but not anymore.

And no I am not now suddenly going to to check everything I ingest on some phone app :whistling:

Booom exactly bennie....here is a 2 year ban rouxtjie....I will laugh at the oke and shrug it off... doesnt put bread on my table.

Its not my job....its my hobby...end van prent.

But what if it might kill them?

This thread getting a bit carried away with the fact of back markers being tested etc. just remember that this test happened in the Cape Pioneer trek! which is an international race with a UCI ranking and held under their rules. A lot higher profile than most other weekend races where testing probably never happens.

There are the top mtb'ers in the world riding, and hence why random tests are also done as well as the top finishers.

Similar to Epic, you enter, you could be tested, back marker or not.

Booom exactly bennie....here is a 2 year ban rouxtjie....I will laugh at the oke and shrug it off... doesnt put bread on my table.

AND THATS WHY I WANT YOU TESTED FOR THE IDT CUP :ph34r: :ph34r:

Eish Roookie Boom might get you more than 2 years, you know.. Distribution 'n all...

Eish Roookie Boom might get you more than 2 years, you know.. Distribution 'n all...

Great...give me lifetime...I will have a joint whilst they pass sentencing. Care rocks.

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side

Rouxtjie, that's exactly it. If you are an average joe who rides for fun and happens to get caught in a random test, it really has little effect other than you can never ride the Epic. You can probably ride races every weekend and nobody will know or care as it is the local "fun ride "

But then again, that Vet riding a race for training and finishing mid pack, could just be riding in the worlds the following week and winning a medal thanks to his meds he used during his training. Doesn't have to use in the race itself.