Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

@andrew how do they know ?

It's like gambling, they have to test, but they also want to show they are doing their job properly and are cleaning up the sport.

The real dopers are clever, Mr. Average like most people on this hub slips all sorts of vitamins and supplements in to their mouths without even thinking about being tested, call then a soft target, and if I was a gambling man, that's the nie I would go for to increase my odds.

I am also inclined to say that I think they measure their success on how many postives they found...from who doesnt matter. Its another notch in the belt. Their performance should rather be how many tests are performed on professionals and the consistency of testing...that speak more than a positive from piet pompies from kakemas

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think lots of mid-field/social riders would test positive. So many people use 'pre-workout' gym stimulants etc during cyvling events... Most of these supplements would test positive.

man...i ride my bike because i love the outdoors, being with mates and have good coffee. I do race some of the popular races to keep the mojo going, if I am sick or not feeling well I will take the medicine needed to get me healthy again so that I can ride (not race) my bike again ASAP.

Why the hell must I go and check every single supplement/medicine/drink I take? Do not care if I finish in bunch or not.

It's like gambling, they have to test, but they also want to show they are doing their job properly and are cleaning up the sport.

The real dopers are clever, Mr. Average like most people on this hub slips all sorts of vitamins and supplements in to their mouths without even thinking about being tested, call then a soft target, and if I was a gambling man, that's the nie I would go for to increase my odds.

I hope you are wrong, but I can kind of see the stat sheet logic of it...

Do CSA advise them on who they should be testing?

Would so many mid packers really test positive? I (as a seasoned nobody) only take Centrum, Slowmag and the odd Berocca - are most guys really popping the miracle pills like smarties?

Double post Edited by Andrew Steer

Perhaps you are over dramatising this.

How about a fat guy decides to lose weight because he has big hills to ride, g

whos the fatty?

born 1974.....chap in the middle?

http://www.anderson.co.za/images/RTMS_2013.jpg

edit....its amazing what you can find on the internets...

Edited by Stretch

whos the fatty?

born 1974.....chap in the middle?

http://www.anderson.co.za/images/RTMS_2013.jpg

edit....its amazing what you can find on the internets...

Every cyclist with a body fat percentage over 9 % will call themselves fat.

Say whaaaat?

lol

hello....my name is stretch...and I am fat

Mr Earp....I hear you and I am of the same opinion that a lot of "Fun riders" out there dope intentionally.

I am just wondering.........What now? They caught a guy at the back of the bunch. He won't be able to ride the Argus for 2 years. Other than that?

Nothing.

Is testing ANYTHING else other than a Pro rider (Someone doing it as a profession) worth the money? Aside from the publicity side......Whoohoooo....we caught someone....

I don't know.

The guys that DO dope dont get caught cause only random one and two in Elite gets tested and CSA/Anti Doping spend that R3000-R5000 for the test on a fun rider because they need the publicity to get funding.

Rather a sad state of affair.

I would have soooooo much more confidence in our sport's "cleanlyness" if they use the funds appropriatly like getting a bio pasport of every Elite rider and skip this silly testing of the back markers.

A Vet/Master/fun rider has NOTHING to gain except ego boost if they dope. The Elites do it for the money/pro contract.

So to take away the ego from the Vet/Master/Funrider is futile but to take away the $$/contract from the pro and then they'll start cleaning up the sport.

What this country still don't see clear is that there is a difference between competing for the win and participation.

Shame really.

Mr Earp....I hear you and I am of the same opinion that a lot of "Fun riders" out there dope intentionally.

I am just wondering.........What now? They caught a guy at the back of the bunch. He won't be able to ride the Argus for 2 years. Other than that?

Nothing.

Is testing ANYTHING else other than a Pro rider (Someone doing it as a profession) worth the money? Aside from the publicity side......Whoohoooo....we caught someone....

I don't know.

The guys that DO dope dont get caught cause only random one and two in Elite gets tested and CSA/Anti Doping spend that R3000-R5000 for the test on a fun rider because they need the publicity to get funding.

I would have soooooo much more confidence in our sport's "cleanlyness" if they use the funds appropriatly like getting a bio pasport of every Elite rider and skip this silly testing of the back markers.

A Vet/Master/fun rider has NOTHING to gain except ego boost if they dope. The Elites do it for the money/pro contract.

So to take away the ego from the Vet/Master/Funrider is futile but to take away the $$/contract from the pro and then they'll start cleaning up the sport.

What this country still don't see clear is that there is a difference between competing for the win and participation.

Shame really.

Agree spinnekop...a negative pro test result means 100 times more than a positive joe soap result.

Agree spinnekop...a negative pro test result means 100 times more than a positive joe soap result.

Sure? A negative test means the rider is smart. A negative test does not mean the rider is clean.

Sure? A negative test means the rider is smart. A negative test does not mean the rider is clean.

Agree, but at least with consistent testing it will keep them on their toes....IE one slip up(glowing / not exact dosing) its tickets.

Nothing.

I don't know.

Shame really.

Ideally I would want anyone who is racing for a prize or national title etc to be tested - it's not fair on clean riders to miss out on their goals because someone else is taking shortcuts. That said, the Pro's have to be priority number one. If they don't have the budget to do the whole lot, then 150 test spread over the top 30 riders would be the better option - like you said, they are making the money, winning the races, getting the contracts. It would be nice to say with some modicum of hope that what we are admiring is actually real!

How do we get this message to SAIDS/CSA etc?

At a minimum the back marker testing needs to stop, it's an absolute joke!