Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

To the chop in the red windbreaker that tried to sucker punch me in the ribs on sunday near the Victory Park Virgin active, while mubbling something along the lines of "make way for riders coming DOWN the trail", please take note of the following points.

1) Please learn proper trail etiquette. As far as most people are concerned, the riders going up the trail have right of way as it is harder for us to regain momentum if we have to get out the way all the time for people flying down the trail.

2) The Spriut has numerous paths on it in most areas. If you see a rider going slower than you as they climbing up a hill while you are going down it, use the piece of equipment that your hands are latched onto and move over to a different route when possible.

3) There is always another day to improve your Strava PB. Im sure you are not in the running for Tour de France currently so just slow it down to a panic.

4) if you have an indiscretion with another rider, rather asked them to pull over and talk to them face to face. Trying to punch someone in the ribs and then riding off with your pals is completely childish and cowardely behaviour.

I know Im posting this with the hope that you are member the this forum and so happen to stumble on this post sometime, so it will more than likely fall on deaf ears,but I just thought I would bring the type of behaviour you exhibit while participating in our great sport to public platform.

Cheers.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish not good to see on a Monday morning, sorry about your experience there Legs.

personally i dont have tome for the strava idiots on the spruit, have seen too many chops trying to prove they have balls than i care to admit.

the Spruit is a fun ride area that i personally think should be treated as such. if you want to train for your Epic/ sani/ etc etc thats fine but understand that other people make us of the same space as you and as its a free ride you have no rights over and above them. this goes for all traffic on the spruit, dog walkers etc as well( i know the leash issue is also a factor) but if you slow down for a dog pet it, have a laugh etc rather than being a dick the spruit will be a better place for it.

thats just my 20 billion zim dollars worth anyway.

right off to find my flame suit now.

To the chop in the red windbreaker that tried to sucker punch me in the ribs on sunday near the Victory Park Virgin active, while mubbling something along the lines of "make way for riders coming DOWN the trail", please take note of the following points.

1) Please learn proper trail etiquette. As far as most people are concerned, the riders going up the trail have right of way as it is harder for us to regain momentum if we have to get out the way all the time for people flying down the trail.

2) The Spriut has numerous paths on it in most areas. If you see a rider going slower than you as they climbing up a hill while you are going down it, use the piece of equipment that your hands are latched onto and move over to a different route when possible.

3) There is always another day to improve your Strava PB. Im sure you are not in the running for Tour de France currently so just slow it down to a panic.

4) if you have an indiscretion with another rider, rather asked them to pull over and talk to them face to face. Trying to punch someone in the ribs and then riding off with your pals is completely childish and cowardely behaviour.

I know Im posting this with the hope that you are member the this forum and so happen to stumble on this post sometime, so it will more than likely fall on deaf ears,but I just thought I would bring the type of behaviour you exhibit while participating in our great sport to public platform.

Cheers.

That's hectic.

What bike was he on?

Those chops who think they are the only D$#S on the trail and because you going up it's easier for you to move then me going like a mad man down the hill. We have the same issues with some Race snakes here at Giba,they need to go and look at the rules of the trail. Lessons start at 4 for any of those tappets who need it.LOL

Edited by MariusKlokie

Eish not good to see on a Monday morning, sorry about your experience there Legs.

personally i dont have tome for the strava idiots on the spruit, have seen too many chops trying to prove they have balls than i care to admit.

the Spruit is a fun ride area that i personally think should be treated as such. if you want to train for your Epic/ sani/ etc etc thats fine but understand that other people make us of the same space as you and as its a free ride you have no rights over and above them. this goes for all traffic on the spruit, dog walkers etc as well( i know the leash issue is also a factor) but if you slow down for a dog pet it, have a laugh etc rather than being a dick the spruit will be a better place for it.

thats just my 20 billion zim dollars worth anyway.

right off to find my flame suit now.

I couldn't agree more.

I have said it before and I will say it again, if people keep treating it like they own it, the hikers ,runners and dog walkers will put in a petition and I can guarantee the decision will sway their way, so how badly do these RACING SNAKES want to see "no bicycles allowed" signs along the Spruit...........

Edited by Wyatt Earp

That's hectic.

What bike was he on?

Didnt get to see what bike he was on unfortunately. He didnt stick around long enough as it would of negatively effected his Strava times.

Eish thats not good

Sorry to hear that , thats why i ride with my 45 straped to my chest , try punch me and see what will happen

Eish thats not good

Sorry to hear that , thats why i ride with my 45 straped to my chest , try punch me and see what will happen

YOU RESPONCE, was confirmation to the OP topic

to prove you all wrong i will admit it is a hubber,,,i am the "guilty" one

MY STRAVA TIMES ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ME :ph34r: :ph34r:

Better check that your Hub history isn't an unwanted alibi ;-)