Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pushed by some big dude on the Spruit a few months ago. I was riding in Delta up top on the path- maybe I should have let him have the path? Dunno? Next time I can go around him- walkers can use the Spruit too :) he had a big dog and a hot babe so maybe was trying to impress her. He pushed my mate too. He didn't push my 3rd mate as he is a big guy lol. Maybe he was a coward after all. Didn't bother me much though.

Let's absorb...

Eish thats not good

Sorry to hear that , thats why i ride with my 45 straped to my chest , try punch me and see what will happen

Pretty aggressive first post, stating he is willing to pull it out if needed...

Did i state i would use it on any one

I stated that he can try punch me and see what will happen

I actualy carry it for my protection like any god fairing South Africa

So if there are A Holes out there in the MTB comunity who think they own the trails good luck to them ,

Man up if you want to hit expect to be hit back by what ever means

Now the threat to any mountain biker that has a different opinion to the one he does, the dispute on the trail may be 50/50 with no right or wrong answer so because you have your weapon the other guy no matter how right his argument may be may be in a lot of trouble with you as opposed to another rider.

Dont go around punching or atempting to punch someone , then bleat like sheep when they guy you trying to punch infront of your mates kick the crap out of you

Yes I agree in not going around punching someone, but don't add to the fire and threaten to beat the **** out of people, you clearly are an aggressive fellow...

guns aside , jokes a side

We all ride for fun and enjoyment , some ride more competitivly than others

each person has the rigth to be riding there , comon repsect amongst all should prevaile

in any sport there are rules , regulations and comon repsect amongst all

respect each others right to be on the trail

Now you finally get some sense, I agree with this one. But having a gun on the trail is not promoting this sport in any good way or pushing it in the direction that it should be pushed.

At the end of the day, your gun is for the people that will hijack you, not the other mountain bikers. So don't be a aggressive person with other riders on the trail, handle it like a human and have a adult discussion and not go threatening other riders with guns.

Absorbed?

Eish thats not good

Sorry to hear that , thats why i ride with my 45 straped to my chest , try punch me and see what will happen

Yussis oke, you sound flipping dangerous hey...

Must be an educated fool with money on your mind, with your can in your hand and a gleam in your eye...

The kind of G the lil homies wanna be like, on your knees in the night saying prayers in the street lights...?

Aaahhhh...MTB'ers...the friendly people who is always chilled and wave to everyone.

Joberg breekers.........

Let's absorb...

Pretty aggressive first post, stating he is willing to pull it out if needed...

Now the threat to any mountain biker that has a different opinion to the one he does, the dispute on the trail may be 50/50 with no right or wrong answer so because you have your weapon the other guy no matter how right his argument may be may be in a lot of trouble with you as opposed to another rider.

Yes I agree in not going around punching someone, but don't add to the fire and threaten to beat the **** out of people, you clearly are an aggressive fellow...

Now you finally get some sense, I agree with this one. But having a gun on the trail is not promoting this sport in any good way or pushing it in the direction that it should be pushed.

At the end of the day, your gun is for the people that will hijack you, not the other mountain bikers. So don't be a aggressive person with other riders on the trail, handle it like a human and have a adult discussion and not go threatening other riders with guns.

Absorbed?

Clearly not absorbed.

He never threatened anyone, he warned.

Lets say I have a gun and you punch me, I will pull said gun out and use it

The rule is simple, do not go around punching anyone because you may end up a little more sore.

Dont be stupid pal, he uses his gun for defense. The same as I would

Looking for crowdfunding.

Just developed a springloaded baseball bat that would clip in between any of the three joining points

of the seat tube, down tube and crossbar.

Clearly not absorbed.

He never threatened anyone, he warned.

Lets say I have a gun and you punch me, I will pull said gun out and use it

The rule is simple, do not go around punching anyone because you may end up a little more sore.

Dont be stupid pal, he uses his gun for defense. The same as I would

"I stated that he can try punch me and see what will happen" - Threat or warning... fine line?

Yes, especially if you go around punching people on the spruit, you may end up shot DEAD!

1) Please learn proper trail etiquette. As far as most people are concerned, the riders going up the trail have right of way as it is harder for us to regain momentum if we have to get out the way all the time for people flying down the trail.

Shouldnt you be pushing your bike on The Spruit?

I heard there are some gnarly downhills there bro, so you really shouldnt be trying to cycle up a hill..

.....and here i thought the Hub was all about us enjoying cycling.Rambo and his boetie popped up in the first few pages.

seems like people don't respect others anymore.

go enter a damn race if you want to race and show off your skills.

This was about some a-hole who tried to punch a hubber..... Now its about if another guy who in a post was threatening or warning. WTF. OP - Sorry that you had a kek ride. Get a GoPro and record your next few rides at the Spruit, and maybe you catch him video......As with the CampsBay incident, rather identify the a-holes than have them tarnish the entire cycling community, because as stated, if he punches a hiker/dog-walker, this would be all over News24 and they will motion to close the Spruit to cyclist.

Adults have discussions agreed

ASSHOLES TRY PUNCH YOU AND WHEN YOU REPOSND WITH ANY FORM OF RETALIATIION THEY CRY FOWL

Absorbed ?

Sorry for asking, but where is this "spruit" you guys are talking about??

Coming from North West, have no idea where this place is..