Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

So say I punch him, now he pulls out his .45, now in any persons right mind they are not going to take the risk of getting shot... So it's not the question of shooting, rather the question of threatening a fellow cyclist with a gun....

Imagine that thread...

"I am new to cycling and was on the wrong side of the trail then this guy shouted at me so I stood up for myself and he pulled a gun on me?"

Neither did he suggest that he would pull his firearm either.

I can assure you one thing, as short as the path is between the brain and the fist, it's a thousand times longer between the brain and the trigger.

Most people carry a firearm to feel safe, not because they intend to use it.

No, I don't own a firearm.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it has been suggested before, but is there any chance that those coming as well as those going could move off the path to their left, leaving the path open, for just in case. That way no one would loose the urinating contest, no one would get punched and both riders would survive the spruit experience to ride another day. This would save the police from having to come out and arrest a cyclist for shooting another cyclist because he refused to move off the path whilst racing world champs in his head. Just a thought.

Must be the water in that spruit, I never encounter this where I ride.

by mentioning you have a gun and "we will see what happens", implies you will pull use it :whistling: ,,,,,,,,,you dont pull it unless you prepared to use it or you shouldnt be packing EARPIE, you know this, YOU PULL ON THE WRONG GUY your day is not going to end well

I can assure you one thing, as short as the path is between the brain and the fist, it's a thousand times longer between the brain and the trigger.

thats because you are a firearm :ph34r:

Must be the water in that spruit, I never encounter this where I ride.

The water in the spruit is a different kind of water

and surely not the kind you can drink or swim in.

I do not disagree with anything you have said. We are just using different perspectives.

I am sure he won't shoot it or pull it. But to another cyclist will I take that chance in confronting him? If he was on the wrong side of the trail but I saw a gun I wouldn't say anything?

Having a gat strapped to your chest is not in any way helping the situation

Does carrying a gun while mountain biking improve your skills to the extent that you don't fall off?

I have the image of a major crash, safety flicks off, gun goes off..... hopefully the bullet hits the guy owning the the gun and not an innocent bystander!

Edited by shaper

by mentioning you have a gun and "we will see what happens", implies you will pull use it :whistling: ,,,,,,,,,you dont pull it unless you prepared to use it or you shouldnt be packing EARPIE, you know this, YOU PULL ON THE WRONG GUY your day is not going to end well

Yeah, that's why most guns are ornamental.

Most people won't pull and shoot.

Yep. Carry a weapon only if you're prepared to use it properly. Just waving it around will end your day very prematurely.

No I don't carry anything either. Trying to re-educate all the poephols in the world would take far too much time, there are far too many of them.

Guest Karma

What an a$$hole. Don't worry, KARMA will get him at some stage.

He probably also suffers from a small p-nus syndrome.

Let's hope so

Does carrying a gun while mountain biking improve your skills to the extent that you don't fall off?

I have the image of a major crash, safety flicks off, gun goes off..... hopefully the bullet hits the guy owning the the gun and not an innocent bystander!

TRUST GLOCK

I actually would love to hear the other side, this dude must have some talent, I mean to ride and punch at the same time, I don't think the pro's could even do that...

Times are a changin!

He tried to punch me. It glanced my side but i knew full well what his intentions were. His lack of coordination meant that he couldnt land it.

He tried to punch me. It glanced my side but i knew full well what his intentions were. His lack of coordination meant that he couldnt land it.

8 pages later, second side of the story picture the scene

part 2 possible other side of the story

i was riding the spruit minding my own business and a bee flew onto my nose i tried to swat it and this other tightly wound cyclist must have thought i took a swing at him because he went bos :eek:

sorry but i am allergic to bees :whistling: what a lekke ride i had otherwise

:ph34r:

Idiots on The Spruit

Title implies there are more than one, stating the obvious I am...

Its sad, a sign of the times in Jozi and SA....everyone seems to be extremly tense and wound up ready to snap

8 pages later, second side of the story picture the scene

part 2 possible other side of the story

i was riding the spruit minding my own business and a bee flew onto my nose i tried to swat it and this other tightly wound cyclist must have thought i took a swing at him because he went bos :eek:

sorry but i am allergic to bees :whistling: what a lekke ride i had otherwise

:ph34r:

:clap: :clap: :clap: I think this is the more likely situation. If the the guy is on this forum reading this thread he must be so thankful that someone understands him