The Beer Debate

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

JOHANNESBURG - Brand Director for Castle Lager and Castle Free Vaughan Croeser says the new non-alcoholic Castle Free tastes exactly the same as the alcoholic beer.

He says the same ingredients were used in the Castle Free. He says there is a quite a market for low/no alcohol beer.

He says in the South African context, South African Breweries wants to encourage moderate drinking and hopefully build a market for alcohol-free beer.

http://ewn.co.za/2017/10/27/listen-no-hangover-sab-introduces-alcohol-free-lager

JOHANNESBURG - Brand Director for Castle Lager and Castle Free Vaughan Croeser says the new non-alcoholic Castle Free tastes exactly the same as the alcoholic beer.

He says the same ingredients were used in the Castle Free. He says there is a quite a market for low/no alcohol beer.

He says in the South African context, South African Breweries wants to encourage moderate drinking and hopefully build a market for alcohol-free beer.

http://ewn.co.za/2017/10/27/listen-no-hangover-sab-introduces-alcohol-free-lager

heresy

170e4c7fe10de7a295028678e83881e6--non-al

What we really need is carb free beer...

SAB maintains a discrete footprint in most beer variant markets.  There are some "craft beers" which are just cunning disguised SAB offerings.  As soon as SAB believes that there is sufficient market share to go big, then they declare themselves. (Making proper beer is expensive)

This is why we have Castle Chocolate Milk Stout and now Castle Zero.

Sneaky Bastards

I can immediately see a problem...

Moerkoffie.... that is all...

koffie se moer...

coffee is for the morning. after 12 is beer time.

I was a  Castle Lager drinker until the 95 Rugby world cup when SAB could not keep up with demand . it was brewed at night and delivered during the day( the taste was horrible ) I changed to Windhoek Lager or draft and stuck with that for about 12 years . I then had an operation and got a bad infection i picked up in the theater and was on strong medication to fight it . I was told not to drink any alcohol until the course of medication was finished . I still wanted to watch rugger with my mates and enjoy the camaraderie so i changed to Becks or Bavaria non alcohol beers .  I have not drank a beer with alcohol since . Going to a pub and drinking 5  beers and then driving home is a breeze not having to worry about road blocks and being harassed by the Sector pub watching ,  bribe wanting cops . I believe a beer while on a social ride wont affect your ability to finish the ride .  

SAB maintains a discrete footprint in most beer variant markets.  There are some "craft beers" which are just cunning disguised SAB offerings.  As soon as SAB believes that there is sufficient market share to go big, then they declare themselves. (Making proper beer is expensive)

This is why we have Castle Chocolate Milk Stout and now Castle Zero.

Sneaky Bastards

Cunning disguised SAB offerings - both using Castle branding in it's name and promotion? Yip, that's a cunning disguise......

Perfect marketing. It's a bit like saying you use the same paint kit as Van Gogh, so your effort is as good as his was.

As for tastes exactly the same....I see a triangular taste test coming on....if I could bring myself to buy a Castle Zero.