Dragons have come to the party for me twice- once to replace my cracked mavic ksyrium SL rear wheel and once to replace my cracked mavic cosmic carbon SL rear wheel :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys do to break a frame?

I weight in at 103, and take my scott totally off the ground on some of the jumps at the big red barn...and all still seems to be ok. Maybe the full sus helps.

So what are you putting your bike through?....or is that hush hush in case your warranty is rejected

what do you guys do to break a frame?

I weight in at 103, and take my scott totally off the ground on some of the jumps at the big red barn...and all still seems to be ok. Maybe the full sus helps.

So what are you putting your bike through?....or is that hush hush in case your warranty is rejected

I've cracked 2 Anthem frames in 4 years. I don't do jumps just general trail riding.

It's a Anthem weakness. Don't know if it has since been sorted out.

Edited by MTBeer

I've cracked 2 Anthem frames in 4 years. I don't do jumps just general trail riding.

Wow, OK. You would think Giant would do some sort of FEA testing that would point out a weak point like that.

you should get a trance...them frames don't crack :) Edited by eye i

again guys i state my problem has not been with Giant or Dragon. they are replacing under warranty with no argument my original statement was on the service from a single person. the product offered is brilliant.

So what Im seeing from this is dont buy an Anthem 2nd hand, it will most likely crack and you wont have a warranty on it.

Giant Bicycle Co. Pty Ltd warrants the frame and rigid fork of each new Giant bicycle to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle.

That's wht insurance is for.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Still its a bit sad if its a 1 year old frame bought 2nd hand.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Still its a bit sad if its a 1 year old frame bought 2nd hand.

this goes for all brands and all products - the warranty will always state "original purchaser" (there may be one or two exceptions out there)

if you return a cracked frame that you bought 2nd hand and you have the original proof of purchase from the original owner, who will know?

When I returned my frame they didn't even ask for proof of purchase.