my little run in with a bakkie

Cappi

So this morning in traffic single lane but wide enough for 2 cars, this bakkie is standing stationery behind the other cars in peak traffic. He then decides to go left, overtaking the other stationery cars, there was also a vehicle parked on the left in front of us. I was approaching on the left hand side at about 35km/h/. i shout "watch" and manage to squeeze between the bakkie and pavement. The bakkie then pulls alongside me and ask why i shouted. he then swore at me " my p*@s" and told me that he did see me. After he swore me i returned the gesture with a "f... u" he then threaten that he will knock me off my bike. i took a pic of the bakkie and reg no. do i report it or just let it slide and move on....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smimby

Nothing will happen if you report it...... Traffic cops will smile and wave!

Secretly wish that his bakkie breaks down and it will cost him a lot of money to fix. Karma has a way of swinging around :thumbup: :ph34r: .

Seriously let it go, no proof, no damage, move on with life...it'll happen often if you commute...

Secretly wish that his bakkie breaks down and it will cost him a lot of money to fix. Karma has a way of swinging around :thumbup: :ph34r: .

Seriously let it go, no proof, no damage, move on with life...it'll happen often if you commute...

Ask Karma nicely to get him... Karma lives in slaap stad

he then swore at me " my p*@s" and told me that he did see me. After he swore me i returned the gesture with a "f... u"

as hard as it is...my suggestion for the future is to try and not return the favour...bite your tongue and try and be civil about...vloeking him back will just add fuel to the fire, and this will add to this tjop's rage towards cyclists. Next time he will really knock someone down. By being civil, you take the wind out of his sails

and this.....

This is an idea, so any cyclist that sees him can "tune him skeef"?

I dont agree with

WOO SAA its gone.i will be back tomorrow am. lol. didnt want to waste my time at the cop shop. thats why i came to the great place "THE HUBSA".

When something like this happen to me, I usually just stare at the driver for a couple of seconds until he/she sees me and then I enjoy my bike ride further.

Guest Smimby

as hard as it is...my suggestion for the future is to try and not return the favour...bite your tongue and try and be civil about...vloeking him back will just add fuel to the fire, and this will add to this tjop's rage towards cyclists. Next time he will really knock someone down. By being civil, you take the wind out of his sails

and this.....

I dont agree with

Did you see the Question mark???

Rather dont even respond to them.. ignore and continue riding, give a stare but no need to say anything. Dont think reporting it is going to help at all, its very much heresay which ever angle you take.

I blow the dude a kiss... He has no clue what to do, it just makes him more frustrated with himself :)

I imagine this works well for the guys, but will backfire miserably for us gals. I'll stay tuned for more advice.