This is why cyclist are hated

Cois

I'm curious.

Since we are not allowed to ride in bunches (abreast), how do you train to ride in bunches because being able to do that is a essential skill in road racing. If you are not able to do that then you are also a danger to the other riders in the bunch.

I would also like to know how you guys feel about smaller road races that don't have full road closure. Do you feel that we are breaking the law then as well by riding in bunches and that we are a inconsiderate bunch of idiots keeping you up and causing all motorists to hate us even more?

I might be wrong but I'm gona say that most of you crucifying these riders actions are mtb'ers and hardly ever ride on the road...........and if you do you will most probably be the guys that train alone.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hennie outburst like this happens at least once a week . I also drove behind this group and found nothing wrong with their actions . They had a car sweeping , keeping them safe and warning other road users of whats up ahead . Now you get a cyclist making a big scene about it instead !! Foooken stoopid .

Mods perhaps time to close this one . All the posters seem to be digging themselves deeper , nowhere do I see any appreciation for an oppsite to theirs growing so what is the point .?

agree with this

Guest Smimby

Two words: ghost bike.

After the Burry tragedy the ghost bike seems to mean something to the general population. Put one up and hopefully it will make some people take notice. A stark reminder of a rider no more....

Motorist feel nothing for our Ghost bikes, most of them dont even know what it means to see a white bike next to the road

Guest Smimby

Mods perhaps time to close this one . All the posters seem to be digging themselves deeper , nowhere do I see any appreciation for an oppsite to theirs growing so what is the point .?

Please tell me WHY in the world do you want to call yourself KKK-anything???????

Not disagreeing with those sentiments, however in these times it is not the wise thing to do as the more irate motorists become the more they endanger our lives with less regard for the consequence.

I am trying to get people to look at both sides and understand that for every action there is reaction.

If they can do it - I can do it. So the first group of cyclists is ok and the driver is patient, the second in a short space/trip, well a little agitated and from then on good luck to the rest of us. Is that the right thing to do?

I don't think you do understand these sentiments. Have you got a child? Bury them after someone has ridden over them. For additional impact lose some of your closest mates through the same process and see if you're still going to campaign to have other cyclists ride in single file whenever they are on the road or whether you will deploy a sweep vehicle to drive behind you and your friends for safety, knowing that most of the motorists will be driving in such a way as to kill you, as you have lived through first hand.

Until you know this yourself everything any of us have to say is simply irrelevant by comparison.

Edited by Tubehunter

I don't think you do understand these sentiments. Have you got a child? Bury them after someone has ridden over them. For additional impact lose some of your closest mates through the same process and see if you're still going to campaign to have other cyclists ride in single file whenever they are on the road or whether you will deploy a sweep vehicle to drive behind you and your friends for safety, knowing that most of the motorists will be driving in such a way as to kill you, as you have lived through first hand.

Until you know this yourself everything any of us have to say is simply irrelevant by comparison.

post-62468-0-47890200-1409040707_thumb.jpg

You look good in yellow Pabs!! Not enough blue in your eye shadow though....

You play any tunes we will know?

The roads are the wild west, do what makes you feel safe. If you want a back up vehicle, so be it.

It will annoy some motorists but you are less likely to be killed. Sick and tired of hearing that cyclists must first obey the rules if they want to be respected on the roads. You are never going to change the majority of road users minds towards cyclists by obeying the rules

So may as well do what you want - all that will happen is someone will moan on the hub every now and then, but at least you are still alive.

Lets close the thread, ride our bikes and wait for the next person to take a pic of roadies and start a thread

Edited by skistar15

You look good in yellow Pabs!! Not enough blue in your eye shadow though....

You play any tunes we will know?

YEAH! I only know one tune - its called "Cry me a river"!!

The roads are the wild west, do what makes you feel safe. If you want a back up vehicle, so be it.

It will annoy some motorists but you are less likely to be killed. Sick and tired of hearing that cyclists must first obey the rules if they want to be respected on the roads. You are never going to change the majority of road users minds towards cyclists by obeying the rules

So may as well do what you want - all that will happen is someone will moan on the hub every now and then, but at least you are still alive.

Lets close the thread, ride our bikes and wait for the next person to take a pic of roadies and start a thread

What he said +1