Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Normal people don't really bother. :ph34r: They just go ride their bikes.

Technically "the normal" people would be the 40 odd thousand that signed up foe the Argus as i guess they are in the majority. The odd ones are those that have not entered. :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically "the normal" people would be the 40 odd thousand that signed up foe the Argus as i guess they are in the majority. The odd ones are those that have not entered. :P

Actually, from the 3 years that I did it so far, my experience was that it was not so much about riding a bike, but more about spending time with other people riding around the peninsula.  I just love the vibe riding with all the 'slow' people.

The next logical step, from a business point of view, is some sort of 'golden ticket' system. Like they have in Disneyland etc. You can buy a normal (and already expensive) ticket and que for hours at each ride or for an inflated price you can buy a Golden Ticket and they have a separate priority entrance so you can skip the ques.

Some concerts have advanced booking for people that have paid fan club membership. I guess it's all the same sort of thing really. Money talks, poor people walk ;-)

Wow, so in 2012 at least 2 weeks 

2013: 4 days

2014: 8 hours

2015: ???? 

2016: ?????!$%!

Soon this will beat Sani2C for a b&tchfight to get an entry, PPA make ready for your memberships to skyrocket next year!!

I think the queuing system they used yesterday was clever, because it kept the entry system stable and probably lead to less frustration for most people. If they keep using it, pretty sure the number of hours to process 35,000 entries will remain around 6-8 hours.

The next logical step, from a business point of view, is some sort of 'golden ticket' system. Like they have in Disneyland etc. You can buy a normal (and already expensive) ticket and que for hours at each ride or for an inflated price you can buy a Golden Ticket and they have a separate priority entrance so you can skip the ques.Some concerts have advanced booking for people that have paid fan club membership. I guess it's all the same sort of thing really. Money talks, poor people walk ;-)

I think the PPA have essentially forced membership due to their preferential entry access, I personally think it sucks.

I think the PPA have essentially forced membership due to their preferential entry access, I personally think it sucks.

Going the same way for all the top races, both road and MTB. Only reason I got an entry is because I told my secretary to book time in my diary for 2pm on 26 September. Otherwise I would have forgotten and been entryless.

The next logical step, from a business point of view, is some sort of 'golden ticket' system. Like they have in Disneyland etc. You can buy a normal (and already expensive) ticket and que for hours at each ride or for an inflated price you can buy a Golden Ticket and they have a separate priority entrance so you can skip the ques.

Some concerts have advanced booking for people that have paid fan club membership. I guess it's all the same sort of thing really. Money talks, poor people walk ;-)

You already get all that with your PPA membership, seperate entry date before the plebs and better seeding.

What is wrong with the PPA getting membership out of this? If it ends up just being a ride for PPA members then we all have to join. They are co-presenters (or something) after all. The charities should charge double- the price for dawdling and to benefit properly. About 35000 people got in - surely the system works. If you think this is tough - wait to by plane tickets by Monday.

Posting this for someone not on the hub.

Entry via charity group

"Steven Paul Twine says Anyone still wanting to enter and help raise funds for a little cerebral palsy girl pop me an email spotpro@gmail.com" it is the Bumble bee Charity Group.

True true

Pretty sure that 40000 is only a fraction of cyclists in S.A, but can't argue about the vibe.

When 40000 like minded people all migrate to one place to participate in an event, there will always be an awesome vibe. I did it last in 2002 and loved it, but not sure i'll do it again.

Urgh...! Forgot to enter for my 10th Argus yesterday and now the entries are closed. I did manage a charity entry at the Sabrina Love Foundation, thank goodness...!

Hey, we're riding on the same team! :clap:

I signed up on wednesday through Sabrina Love, no stress, no queue. The only thing is:  I need to buy a Racetec chip, but they put my nationality down as SA which I'm not. Send them an a-mail but no reply yet.

Very excited to be coming to SA.

Shame on you PPA

MIssed out on my entry for 2015

Would be my 11th one - and 4th sub 3....lol

Thought as I have done 10, there would be some kind of loyalty towards entries as in the past.

It really sucks.

Hierdie hele opset maak my naar!!!

Thought as I have done 10, there would be some kind of loyalty towards entries as in the past.

It really sucks.

Hierdie hele opset maak my naar!!!

There was. You missed it two weeks ago.

Archived