Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"but I struggle to believe this scapegoat"

Well, that right there is punishment enough for Daryl. I'm sure your suspicion will keep him wide awake after each stage in Canada.

Even better, let those who want to struggle, do so by struggling on.

They might not sleep at night trying to come to grips with it.

Snipped...

(Take note: I like Daryl, I want to see him race . . wish there was never this whole shitty issue, but I struggle to believe this scapegoat)

Awesome argument. Here's the kicker below though. FYI - you're number 5 on the how much substance could've caused this result....

SAIDS: “We’re Satisfied Impey Was Not At Fault”

http://www.bicycling...ed-impey-fault/

“Under the Anti-Doping Rules, SAIDS is required to vigorously pursue all anti-doping rule violations within our jurisdiction. We did so and checked the veracity of Impey’s account to the fullest extent possible. We sought opinions from our own experts, which confirmed that cross-contamination was indeed possible in the manner proposed by Impey’s experts.

back in the saltmine after 10days in the mountains.

great news, pretty sure I said on the other thread that he's one of the few guys I'd like to believe in before pitchforking.

going to maintain that line. there is so much grey area in this sport that you never really know.

I suggest people look in to Probenecid and some of it's uses.

I questioned the drug and it's find in Daryl's system from day one.

That in itself was enough for me to believe in his innocence regardless of the fact that he is Daryl.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt without any emotional attachment .

Awesome argument. Here's the kicker below though. FYI - you're number 5 on the how much substance could've caused this result....

SAIDS: “We’re Satisfied Impey Was Not At Fault”

http://www.bicycling...ed-impey-fault/

We sought opinions from our own experts, which confirmed that cross-contamination was indeed possible in the manner proposed by Impey’s experts.

But did they seek the opinions of the hub experts? Huh? Huh? No, I think not!

Wyatt that is a very good point. :thumbup:

The chances are MUCH better that some fu**ed up the test and that the drug was never in his system.

And they (the governing body /testers) are more likely to settle for a BS story than admit incompetence.

It might seems that I am doing a 180. But I only ever had a problem with "contamination of the capsules story".

But all this speculation and expert opinions is just farts in the wind.

Bottom line . . . Daryl can race again. That is good.

I suggest people look in to Probenecid and some of it's uses.

I questioned the drug and it's find in Daryl's system from day one.

That in itself was enough for me to believe in his innocence regardless of the fact that he is Daryl.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt without any emotional attachment .

And that is a rare quality my friend :thumbup:

The chances are MUCH better that some fu**ed up the test and that the drug was never in his system.

And they (the governing body /testers) are more likely to settle for a BS story than admit incompetence.

This is an interesting viewpoint that I think needs some more examination. If I think of how often we've heard lately of forensics going wrong through slack procedure, I think it would be smart to look into the accuracy of lab procedures also. I can think of many medical tests that have a fairly wide false positive or false negative ratio. Anyone personally involved in the testing who wants to spill some beans?

Wyatt that is a very good point. :thumbup:

It might seems that I am doing a 180. But I only ever had a problem with "contamination of the capsules story".

But all this speculation and expert opinions is just farts in the wind.

Bottom line . . . Daryl can race again. That is good.

I spoke to a friend of mine and asked him about Probenecid, he told me that you will find it in more stuff than you can even begin to imagine.

It gets used in the same way as Caronamide, both get used in some drugs to prohibit renal excretion and by doing so it increases their plasma concentration which prolongs their effects.

Can be found in many antibiotics and as a "cheat" to boost whatever else they manufacture.

My guess, and I am now guessing like most of us here.

Daryl asked for the bicarb and maybe also explained that he wanted it to limit lactic acid build up .

The pharmacist could possibly have taken the initiative all by himself and said "I will get you something that will really work"

He then on his own accord decided to add the Probenecid, and his logic was that he was boosting the effect of whatever else was in the capsules and then his further logic was that if it used to neutralise uric acid ,then surely it must have the desired effect.

My bet is that Mr. Apteker has not had the balls to stand up and tell the real side of his negligent story.

But this is mere Fanta Sea.