Who has the right of way?

georges

Presies, luckily they get penalized in their seeding wrt old results. So in 3-5 races time you will be grouped with people that have avg race time....

Yup, would have even been 74th in Batch A out of 95, stuck in Bitch D for now ...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find if I need to overtake, a "Hi, mind if I pass on the right?" works like a bomb. Especially if we are climbing, guys move out the way no problem. I did enjoy this weekends race a few kays from the finish I slowly overtook a lady in some jeep track, and as I came past said," We are nearly there... lets chase some guys!!" She picked up her pace a bit and we pushed each other to the end.

It's easier when you have breasts though............

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

It's easier when you have breasts though............

Not so sure, terrible for my ego when a girl passes me on a climb, I would literally kill myself to stay ahead :whistling:

Even worse when I can't catch her on the technical downhill that follows....

Also combining finishes of a 40 and 70 km race can cause frustration for fast riders in both races.

I've never understood why an organiser would do this. It's just looking for trouble....

This ST thing will always be an issue and you will never win at a XCM event, there are just far too many people, so the way I see it is you have to options 1. fight like mad to overtake get frustrated as all hell and maybe make up a minute over 5kms or 2. sit back and have a chill for 5 minutes and then up your tempo when you get into the open again, especially if you're a *** climber you'll make up far more time this way...

after reading all this, note to self - "you made the correct decision not to take part in races/events."

My solution - gather some mates, head for the mountains and enjoy the peace.

Mates racing FTW. Leave your ego at the door and go have some fun.

My first and last MTB race was Knysna a few years ago. Hit Petrus se Brand just after joining up with the short route, and ended up alternating between pushing down the only bit of decent ST on the whole route and finding option lines off trees and rocks off the side of the trail because the herds were walking down the main line.

No thanks. Races (mid pack anyway) are far too biased towards the climbers to be any fun for the rest of us. Not sure why the slow guys can't just get out of the way if they're just going to catch up on the next climb anyway.

/rant

I find if I need to overtake, a "Hi, mind if I pass on the right?" works like a bomb. Especially if we are climbing, guys move out the way no problem. I did enjoy this weekends race a few kays from the finish I slowly overtook a lady in some jeep track, and as I came past said," We are nearly there... lets chase some guys!!" She picked up her pace a bit and we pushed each other to the end.

If a goose wants to pass me Ill let her past because have you ever watched dogs racing, greyhounds?....

fokkit, check how they run when that tail takes off in front of them.

Nothing worse than a person that cant ride single track properly holding you up.

If you cant ride it properly stick to the less technical races that hve 90% Jeep track.

DYLS I hear you big time

the cloth cuts both ways here....if you can't keep up on the district roads and long climbs...maybe you should stick to technical cross country. The person has earned their right to be there...yes, in front of you...respect it.

most people will move over, some even ask, Consider asking if you can come past at the next opportunity in instead of just shouting "Coming through". The truly good riders, usually those front runners who've had a technical, somehow seem to pass with such easy anyway.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

the cloth cuts both ways here....if you can't keep up on the district roads and long climbs...maybe you should stick to technical cross country. The person has earned their right to be there...yes, in front of you...respect it.

See you at 7 tonight...maybe some of the singletrack heros can join us. :whistling: