Who has the right of way?

georges

You've admitted to thinking that it's everyone's duty to move over for you. Especially if they're female, shorter than you, "drive" a 29er and are in front of you. In a race. Where it's your obligation (as the person behind said vertically challenged female rider) to find a place that is safe to pass. Instead of getting irritated when she doesn't.

But. If she got off and walked the step section, then she should have waited for you. Still. Your attitude in your post was clear for all to see. A very clear "me me me stravaaaaaaargh!" Mentality

1. you are wrong

2. you don't think about things intellectually and with insight, but instead, revert to pathetic, biased, irrelevant assumptions, stereotypes and generalizations (A. an untrue, unrelated, unprecedented bluelightbully reference and B. an attack on all Strava users in the world, which is utterly irrelevant and equally inane)

3. you can't have a civilized dialogue with someone because of point 2

4. in that same race I gave way to other cyclists in similar conditions. In the Scott Ayton race this race, I gave way to a faster rider by going off track, getting smacked with dry branches but it was good sportsmanship on my side, so really, why are you even talking?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks. Races (mid pack anyway) are far too biased towards the climbers to be any fun for the rest of us. Not sure why the slow guys can't just get out of the way if they're just going to catch up on the next climb anyway.

/rant

aaaahhh root of the problem....over subscription.

Single Track is not about a democracy.

He is is in front is in control.

However as Eldron says.

BTW I suffer from the same issues on climbing vs descending. I have had some epic fails passing guys (or trying to) on descents "off piste" but I have just had to suck it up....

1. you are wrong

2. you don't think about things intellectually and with insight, but instead, revert to pathetic, biased, irrelevant assumptions, stereotypes and generalizations (A. an untrue, unrelated, unprecedented bluelightbully reference and B. an attack on all Strava users in the world, which is utterly irrelevant and equally inane)

4. in that same race I gave way to other cyclists in similar conditions. In the Scott Ayton race this race, I gave way to a faster rider by going off track, getting smacked with dry branches but it was good sportsmanship on my side, so really, why are you even talking?

Whahahahhaahahahahahhahahahaha

Coffee everywhere I tell you....I am sure my diary says its Tuesday

Edited by rouxtjie

1. you are wrong

Friday, is that you?

I like to do singletrack as quick as I can not to get a better time but because it's more fun. Therefore I appreciate it if people give way - which they generally do fairly quickly when I ask nicely. I also make a point of thanking them when I pass. Generally though I try to stay away from oversubscribed races (I don't race enough to get a decent seeding quick enough).

Friday, is that you?

Any day of the week is a perfect day to persevere, excel and challenge what needs challenging :thumbup:

1. you are wrong

Oh, right. Attack the person. That's such an intellectual approach.

My assertions and comparison were based upon your extremely indignant post, where you claimed that you weren't finished, and then proceeded to label that same woman as "scum" because she didn't move over for you.

Civilised conversation? With regard to what, exactly? And how have you started this? With an attack on the person saying that your attitude of "everyone must move over for me if they are slower" is one that draws parallels with the blue light brigades. That you then pat yourself on the back for your self appointed "good sportsmanship" speaks volumes.

As for you saying that i lack ability to converse on a civilised basis - that's just an ad hominem attack - a staple tactic of those who have nothing to add, yet try to discredit another based on something that they disagree with yet cannot offer evidence to the contrary.

But - as I've now said my piece, I bid you a good day. May you find peace on the Trails, and recognise that the only way to get faster (and thereby pass those sub-optimal height female 29er riding specimens) is by: a) training harder b: getting a better seeding c: learning to pass properly.

It's easier when you have breasts though............

No advantage at all. Actually a disadvantage, I have an extra 150g in sportsbra I need to haul up a hill. I am yet to meet a man so chivalrous, that he offers to carry my water bottles for me.

Its called single track for a reason - everyone in single file. If the person behind you is faster, then they can find their own way through. :thumbup:

Any day of the week is a perfect day to persevere, excel and challenge what needs challenging :thumbup:

With that in mind....go do some hills and tabata interval sessions. After a couple of these you will climb like a billy goat and wont have the problem anymore...no need to thank.