• 10 months later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... time to revive this thread....

What news?

Unofficially Loris and Luka to Santa Cruz Syndicate

Officially Luka not with SRAM for 2017

How is this for an idea - the UCI should insist that more women are included in elite teams. A quota system of sorts? Sounds terrible, but something needs to be done to get more riders challenging the current 3-4 at the top...

How is this for an idea - the UCI should insist that more women are included in elite teams. A quota system of sorts? Sounds terrible, but something needs to be done to get more riders challenging the current 3-4 at the top...

In theory that's great but we all know forced quotas don't work. Also the standard of women's riding is just not at the point where you can force quotas. You don't want to force a person to ride a track they are not equipped to ride because of UCI points.

Besides the current system encourages women to form part of the teams with their points counting towards the overall team score.

I agree - but to follow on from the post by Duane_Bosch..they could even be developmental team members - i.e. youngsters being developed. 

Which teams however dont have a lady? Santa cruz, Giant, Mondraker..who else?

So... time to revive this thread....

What news?

Unofficially Loris and Luka to Santa Cruz Syndicate

Officially Luka not with SRAM for 2017

Brosnan to Canyon

Manon to Radon

Rude becomes a Red Bull athlete

Chirps of Loris moving to Intense....suspect though

Devinci shut down their DH program for now

Brosnan to Canyon

Manon to Radon

Rude becomes a Red Bull athlete

Chirps of Loris moving to Intense....suspect though

Devinci shut down their DH program for now

Yeti returns to DH

I agree - but to follow on from the post by Duane_Bosch..they could even be developmental team members - i.e. youngsters being developed. 

Which teams however dont have a lady? Santa cruz, Giant, Mondraker..who else?

Ya, that is what I am thinking. I recon there are some up and coming riders who would benefit from a mentor in a big team. What about GT, Spaz and Scott... 

So looks like Ratboy will be racing next year.

Someone mentioned by Cyclocross.... Or he was just taking the piss. I am actually over him... So much talent but no drive

Brosnan off Specialized.

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/12/14/4544/s1200_IMG_0351.jpg

Apparently moving to Canyon on a deal said to be better than Gwin's move to YT!  :eek:

Apparently, Neko Mullaly is off Scott, Fairclough is being retained, and Gaeton Vige joins him to replace Mullaly.

Joe Smith finally leaves CRC Paypal. That took a long time.

Kenta Gallagher joining Polygon UR. Is this who is replacing Needles?

NS bikes factory team will be Carina Capellari, Slawomir Lukasik, Noel Niederberger and Lutz Weber.

Loic, Loris and Finn using Fox apparel next year.

and Loic running full ohlin's suspension, 

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/12/19/4557/s1200_IMG_5769.jpg

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2016/12/20/4564/s1200_IMG_1192.jpg

Archived