I want to cry!

The MTBer

Saw this add just now... I want to cry! You can not do this!

http://johannesburg.olx.co.za/replica-bike-frames-iid-708951096

Am I wrong?

Yes and no. They are informing everyone that the frames are fakes so if you're dumb enough to buy one you can't use the cpa against them since you knew prior to buying it's a fake. That's the no bit. The yes bit is this: purchasing fakes makes it harder for the brands to continue making bikes and makes it harder for us end users to get our hands on bikes that have gone through a proper QC process overseen by our brand of choice.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. They are informing everyone that the frames are fakes so if you're dumb enough to buy one you can't use the cpa against them since you knew prior to buying it's a fake. That's the no bit. The yes bit is this: purchasing fakes makes it harder for the brands to continue making bikes and makes it harder for us end users to get our hands on bikes that have gone through a proper QC process overseen by our brand of choice.

No it's against the law. Illegal. You cannot sell fakes in SA. Even if you are open and upfront about it.

Guess they are listed as REPLICA FRAMES.

I see Craig also sells frameless glass doors.

Wonder if he got the idea from the Carte Blanch show?

What about the guys at the flea markets and traffic lights?

It's against the law doesn't stop many from doing it openly?

It's against the law doesn't stop many from doing it openly?

This must surely be hurting the local industry.Hope they shut this trader down soon.

Counterfeit money is illegal, how can this be legal. Copying dvd's are illegal..you cannot go and build a car in your gerage and put a ferrari badge on it and try to sell it..does not make sense..put your own brand name on it and sell it like that..

Edited by floatfox