ooooo....Another stoute Vet busted with bad sweeties....

Spinnekop

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read all the ranting and raving about Chad Short,

the saddest thing about the whole story around Chad is that the product he took was Evox 3DT, which could be purchased at Game, Dis-Chem and other leading pharmacies.

Dis-Chem have pushed hard on the "CHOOSE SAFE SUPPLEMENTS. CHOOSE DISCHEM" yet this product is available at Dis Chem

http://dischemonline.co.za/product-view/27308/evox_3_dt2_165g_blue_blaze

The Evox website does NOT list Methylhexaneamine as being an ingredient

http://www.evox.co.za/product-item.aspx?prid=81

From USN website - USN advises all professional athletes to use only products tested through the HFL Sports Science screening program if they compete at a level where drug-testing will occur. This supplement screening is batch specific and it is very important that only stock from the tested batches is used by such athletes. Doesn't say anything about fun riders and products sold at Dischem.

From USN website - USN advises all professional athletes to use only products tested through the HFL Sports Science screening program if they compete at a level where drug-testing will occur. This supplement screening is batch specific and it is very important that only stock from the tested batches is used by such athletes. Doesn't say anything about fun riders and products sold at Dischem.

Is this contaminated then, as I use USN Recovery purchased at Dischem, so who is reliable if I get caught.... Maybe I must go old school again, coke, bananas and Bar-one....lol

Is this contaminated then, as I use USN Recovery purchased at Dischem, so who is reliable if I get caught.... Maybe I must go old school again, coke, bananas and Bar-one....lol

I'm sure if its contaminated you will have a problem. The only supplement that is guaranteed safe is Sponser. (to the best of my knowledge)

Can anyone remember the name of that USN stuff that was handed out for free at a support station on Day 3 of Sani2C? Imagine if a sponsor managed to contaminate the ENTIRE FIELD and EVERYONE got disqualified from the GC?

The product label (3DT) shows 1,3-dimethylamylamine as an active ingredient, which is a common name for methylhexanamine.

This kinda thing scares the hell out of me. I studied metallurgy so I have a decent grip of chemistry and I battle to get those two formulas to match - what do the non engineers do? Just ingest and pray?

methylhexanamine - shows up on the WADA banned list.

dimethylamylamine - doesn't how up. Doh.

http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/

You're right - oops. Thanks

edit: The FDA banned it's use in sports supplements - and they listed the AKA names for this product of which Methylhexanamine is one.

Clearly the FDa website it just as reliable as the internet.

Edited by geraldm24

Question then is, Are supplement companies fraudulently covering their backsides by not listing the correct ingredients?

I have no idea.

It's just a bit silly some times - the WADA prohibited product list reads like a 3rd year chem textbook.

If someone like me (who studied chemistry) battles to suss chemical formulas how does the layman manage?

To be fair - I don't use many products that have 6 syllabled chem formulas in their title and stay away from anything that has the word "muscle" on it.

I pay attention to products but certainly don't sit with the container on my lap and search each and every product on the WADA list.

Perhaps sometime soon I'll be defending myself and the hubbers will be calling me a doper - the sad part is we're all 99% safe - with 1% bloody scary risk.

Clearly the FDa website it just as reliable as the internet.

And as reliable as the WADA list.

I'm just gonna stick my head back in the sand and hope for the best :eek: