ooooo....Another stoute Vet busted with bad sweeties....

Spinnekop

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can punt that *** all they want but without testing every batch of every product for 250 products they can't guarantee diddly.

That's the other sad issue in doping - Chad could have actually ingested something accidentally through cross contamination but thanks a brazillion other dopers we will assume the worst.

According to Dischem that's what they do, and and a number of products at Dischem have the Informed Sport certification, which is a costly exercise.

So it's certainly in place on a few products, I know that the L-Glutamine from Biogen (which is partly owned by Dischem) is certified by Informed Sport.

All that said, can you or anyone here say with 100% absolute certainty that if you were to have blood taken or pee in a cup that nothing would come up?

I know I couldn't, I'm (like many others I'm sure) putting a lot of trust in labelling and the produce I buy.

Not saying that's the case with this guy, but the precedent has been set.

FWIW, this news broke (unofficially) the weekend before last. Wonder why it's taken so long to make an announcement.

Yip, nothing new here...

I have a mate who was trying to raise funds for Chad to attend the 2014 World Champs as he was short of R25k.

I wonder how those who contributed feel now!

I have a mate who was trying to raise funds for Chad to attend the 2014 World Champs as he was short of R25k.

I wonder how those who contributed feel now!

Ask your mate to pass the funds raise over to those Vets who are all self funded going to World Track champs next month in Manchester. I sure all the RSA competitors going would appreciate a little help - let the funds be divided equally amongst all going!

According to Dischem that's what they do, and and a number of products at Dischem have the Informed Sport certification, which is a costly exercise.

So it's certainly in place on a few products, I know that the L-Glutamine from Biogen (which is partly owned by Dischem) is certified by Informed Sport.

All that said, can you or anyone here say with 100% absolute certainty that if you were to have blood taken or pee in a cup that nothing would come up?

I know I couldn't, I'm (like many others I'm sure) putting a lot of trust in labelling and the produce I buy.

Not saying that's the case with this guy, but the precedent has been set.

That's the sad reality - I use 2 or 3 energy sources and a recovery product. I'm absolutely happy to say I have neve r pusposefully taken an illegal product but can't say for certain that every single product I've used has not been contaminated or used an alternate name for a product that sound totally legit.

I buy all my stuff at Dischem so I hope they have their testing regime well sorted!

Ask your mate to pass the funds raise over to those Vets who are all self funded going to World Track champs next month in Manchester. I sure all the RSA competitors going would appreciate a little help - let the funds be divided equally amongst all going!

Having competed against this Short guy, did you ever have any reason to doubt his recent performance? Was he performing better now than ever before, or were his gains just marginal?

NOT True email received this morning so that means 5 Gold for me instead of 4!

Hi Everyone

Please can the following riders return their medals that were awarded in the 1500m and Scratch race at the SA Track Champs in April to Bianca:

· Chad Short

· Peter John Wheeler

· Christhonie Geldenhuys

· Jaco Scholtz

Due to an adverse analytical finding reported by SAIDS the results of the races mentioned above have been re-worked and the correct medals will be issued at the Durban Grand Prix on Sunday 9 November, as follows:

1500m

1. Peter John Wheeler

2. Jaco Scholtz

3. Gregory Albert

Scratch

1. Peter John Wheeler

2. Christonhie Geldenhuys

3. Werner Moolman

For any information regarding the issuing of the medals please contact Bianca.

Regards,

Greg

That's Sweet!!! Congrats to all

Congrats, PW!

And other podium spots getting the due recognition.

Glad this came to light!

GO SAIDS!

Edited by ' Dale

Easy: Know zip all about what's legal or not, walk into dischem, see label on product saying 'supercharge/accelerate/ignite your workout into the stratosphere yadda yadda', skim yislaaik, that sounds shweet, i'll try it, race moer off, wee in cup, BOOM....!

I partly agree with you.

Yes I would do that if I was not riding top leagues competitively.

No, I wouldn't do that is I cycled top leagues competitively.

I really don't see how you can inadvertently make such a 'mistake' when cycling at that level. Heck, I hear all these stories how the top athletes measure their lettuce by the bloody grams, so how much more strict are they when it comes to chemicals?

bad chad.