Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I can ask here since I recently acquired a Giant.

Desperately looking for 90 or 100mm stem, Contact SL. And the Contact SL 420mm wide bars. NO ONE has. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, Adr!@n said:

Just discovered this thread. I only have one Giant, but I take it everywhere. Photos are from various spots in the Western Cape and one in Lesotho. I've put this bike through hell and currently have a non-colour-matched rear triangle :( . Has anyone here stripped the paint off a Giant and left it raw? 

2EF7F655-596A-4664-B0D6-FFF2AB9A5957.JPG

6888C2E8-7342-4D6A-AD10-7F924B724C02.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_8453.JPG

Yo Adrian

Is the replacement rear triangle a warranty replacement from Giant?

If it is, and the bike is still under warranty I would not strip the paint of. I would just get hold of some black plastidip and spray it in this, you can always peel it off later.

If it is not under warranty, strip that paint off and rock with it till you are ready to get @BogusOne to spray it to match your main frame ... or heck, just give the whole bike a new look!

17 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Yo Adrian

Is the replacement rear triangle a warranty replacement from Giant?

If it is, and the bike is still under warranty I would not strip the paint of. I would just get hold of some black plastidip and spray it in this, you can always peel it off later.

If it is not under warranty, strip that paint off and rock with it till you are ready to get @BogusOne to spray it to match your main frame ... or heck, just give the whole bike a new look!

The rear triangle is a replacement, but it wasn't a warranty replacement, it was a crash replacement. It's not under warranty. 

I want to strip the whole damn thing and leave it raw. If I didn't have to think of paintwork ever again then that would be boss. 

If you take it to raw you have to keep on top of corrosion by polishing the frame on a regular basis with either something special like mothers, or something as simple as Brasso.

A friend has a RAW Pyga, and he keeps on top of the cleaning and treating of the frame, so it looks great .... but he keeps threatening that he is going to get PYGA to powdercoat it for him.

Or you just leave it RAW and accept the alum finish will dull over time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good morning Hubbers,

This might be the best place to post this Tech Q&A, seeing as it is a Giant problem.

TCR ADV Pro 1 fitted with Giant PowerPro2 PM. PM was working fine until Saturday morning. Refused to "wake up" after spinning of the cranks. Charged the PM using the rubbish cable, battery shows full as per screenshots from RideLink app. The funny thing, however, is that while the cranks are asleep, neither my Garmin, Lezyne or RideLink app picks up the PM. When I plug the PM into power (charging cable), these devices pick up the PM. I'm certain the lithium ion batteries aren't toast as the bike is a 2020 model. When the PM does connect to my Garmin, and I go into ABOUT on my Garmin, it states BATTERY LIFE GOOD. But here is where it gets even more peculiar. This PM has a BT and ANT+ protocol, so the Garmin can connect using either protocol. The battery status DIFFERS between the ANT+ and BT protocols (good versus new)! 

I really don't feel like shipping the crank all the way to CPT to have it checked out, just for them to tell me "sir, your PM is toast". 

Any advice out there peeps? 

Screenshot_20211123-190558_RideLink.jpg

Screenshot_20211123-190607_RideLink.jpg

Screenshot_20211123-190642_RideLink.jpg

Is "Location" switched on on your phone ?

With the e-bike rider app this suddenly became an issue after an update .... no warning, no notice, nothing, nada, ...... just shear frustration at being all dressed up and not being able to link the phone to the bike.

Once Location was switched on it worked perfectly.

Same issue when trying to link your phone to a Victron unit (yea okay, totally off topic)  Seems app developers really want to know where we are ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...