Being a roadie I am always told the MTB scene is soo mucn more chilled

So WTF went wrong here???

Type A personality being told that he cannot do something. Sadly he was a perfect example if what is wrong in this world.

Edit: adding to this. You get these people everywhere, unfortunately. No amount if calming mountain joo joo is going to overcome their need to assert dominance.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type A personality being told that he cannot do something. Sadly he was a perfect example if what is wrong in this world.

Edit: adding to this. You get these people everywhere, unfortunately. No amount if calming mountain joo joo is going to overcome their need to assert dominance.

Either way: good to know MTB has evolved into a full contact sport so I know what I am in for on my first offroad stage race in Feb (and for which I am shatting myself)

Either way: good to know MTB has evolved into a full contact sport so I know what I am in for on my first offroad stage race in Feb (and for which I am shatting myself)

Heh. No, not a contact sport. Just follow the rules of the trail and you'll be fine.

That's the spirit!!

Felt compelled to follow your outstanding lead on this one and am on 2nd frostie now.

Trail stess feels soooooo far away now

Make that 3rd

Being a roadie I am always told the MTB scene is soo mucn more chilled

So WTF went wrong here???

Don't know who told you that. I've started riding on the road to escape all the hardcore okes on mountain bikes.

Ya i doubt he will surface... 

He's 57 years old and haven't managed to learn about manners, how do you expect him to know about the internet? :ph34r: (from an "oldie", myself )

So I take it still no PROUD owner of the bianchi yet

He should be proud, at 57 he was riding UP a hill that Kaptein only rides down ;)

I know who that toppie is. He rides every morning through the lower forest on Orpin Drive and up into Tokai. He's a pretty fit OG if a little too serious. But we have to understand that riding a Bianchi is serious business. Seriaaas money went into it therefore he takes his riding seriaaaasleeee..

My shepards give him the WTF look but he traps on. I hope to be cogging along like that old toppie at 57, hopefully also on a machine with a long heritage of delivering a pleasurable ride and not on one of those Johnnie come lately brands.

But now this whole DH one way thing just gets ugly. I've said it once twice three times, signage signage signage. Happy to see there is significant progress in Tokai but one way trails really need to be marked very  clearly at every junction as a one way. It will not stop salmon trying to swim upstream as its just their very nature to swim against the tide. However, when that day comes and the accident happens, the salmon is (if alive) probably going to sue somebody for negligence so those one way signs kinda start to make sense......or what

True Lefty: But he got verbal signage, and then lost his marbles. How is any non-verbal static sign going to influence his mentality? As it is, the vast majority of riders actually dont ride up. Its exactly this type of cretin that will cause an accident, cos you know, they are never wrong yadah yadah..

Archived