Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

The drifta resolution is 320 x 240, I don't think it will be acceptable.

i still have analogue mnet with the delta 9000...thats like 64 x 32 bit resolution!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is UK content for Netflix different to US content?

It is yes. Netflix content is different in every country where they operate. UnoTelly allows you to switch your location to access other Netflix regions.

I've not tried it but read somewhere Chile has the most content.

soooo... got the 15 day trial of unotelly and the 1 month trial of netflix

set my wdtv to united kingdom and was able to watch bbc iplayer

set the setting to Low def and watched clearly and without pauses on my hd tv through my 2mb line. BBC iplayer has some nice content to offer  - with some interesting doccies etc for the kids

netflix - has heaps to offer but lacks latest episodes....if you after that then you need hulu plus..as an example I was showing my wife Greys anatomy (cos she's a she :) ) and in netflix they only have to season 10..but season 11 is already in action. free Hulu you can watch season 11 but you have to wait a week after and then its only on for a few weeks after that...hulu plus you can access it all on demand

my kids were more excited about all the tween crud on netflix

think Im going to keep unotelly for now and skip on netflix or hula plus - and just give the bbc a bash  - with downloading for the everything else

Edited by Stretch

• 1 month later...

Just got a mail from Multichoice, guess who is having another price increase....

Luckily I'm only on the R35 a month package for now, but it's going to be R40, thats a increase of 14%!!!!! :eek: :eek: :thumbdown:

Im thinking besides the internet at home to get one of them Android Walka dongle thingamajiks. Colleague has one and it works like a charm. If Im not mistaken, 1st one is free after that its 49pm. (then you just have to use someones DSTV account details, but that shouldn't be a problem) much better than having full DSTV

Would love to give up DSTV but one question. I am watching the Proteas smash the windies around the ground. Live in full HD. How easy would that be to do without DSTV. For me that's the acid test. Can I do that and can I do it with the press of two buttons?

Would love to give up DSTV but one question. I am watching the Proteas smash the windies around the ground. Live in full HD. How easy would that be to do without DSTV. For me that's the acid test. Can I do that and can I do it with the press of two buttons?

SABC3

I agree fully with you. I don't feel like going out to a friends or noisy, smokey pub every time I need to watch sport. I don't agree with the price but I will pay it because I love my sport and despite the odd interruption by a thunderstorm my signal is always there and doesn't need to buffer.

Does anyone still watch SABC?

No, don't you know that SABC does not broadcast in HD?

I'm sure HappyMartin knows that as well - hence his question?

I'm sure HappyMartin knows that as well - hence his question?

Just taking the piss, I don't have time to watch TV these days anymore, but I do agree, sport is the only reason I still own a DSTV decoder. Come July, my subsription is renewed every time for Le Tour

Don't get me wrong. I think DSTV is flipping expensive and there is little worth watching. However what I do like to watch I will pay whatever is asked. I would not be happy if I couldn't watch worlds for example. Or the Roubaix( are we still allowed to use that word or can I be sued?).

I wish there was an alternative but it needs to be simple, reliable and top picture quality. At the moment I don't see it so I have to pay.

Don't get me wrong. I think DSTV is flipping expensive and there is little worth watching. However what I do like to watch I will pay whatever is asked. I would not be happy if I couldn't watch worlds for example. Or the Roubaix( are we still allowed to use that word or can I be sued?).I wish there was an alternative but it needs to be simple, reliable and top picture quality. At the moment I don't see it so I have to pay.

Agreed.....its annoying but without DSTV I would have eff all cycling to watch!!

Agreed.....its annoying but without DSTV I would have eff all cycling to watch!!

Cycling you can stream on many different platforms. The problem lies with locql sport