A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

I've been checking the kits available on sustainable.co.za
Unfortunately we have a 3-phase setup, which just makes the cost (even more) insane.

But I've been think of a small system that could at least take our office room kinda-sorta off-grid. Just needs to be big enough to power a few screens, laptops, printer and a light.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 5 an 6 shedding now being prepped for.

What does that mean?  Last one out closes the door?

Its a typical News24 headline. It not as you may first think.

It came out of the press briefing earlier where it was said that we'll be severely constrained and this further 'shedding' scenario may come up, because the immediate situation is so dire.

Stage 5 an 6 shedding now being prepped for.

They have prepped 7 and 8 as well. 

Its just the amount of mega watts they cut. They need to work out what zones use what MW and then how to cut those to get 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc. Just working out what zones would need to cut to get to the number, thats why in the beginning we kept skipping level 3 as nobody had worked out how to switch those etc.

Does anyone know the Akira 6500 series generator and what type of oil and petrol does it take

Got one from my dad (after he passed away) and i dont have the manual also can not find any docs online .... 

Its a typical News24 headline. It not as you may first think.

It came out of the press briefing earlier where it was said that we'll be severely constrained and this further 'shedding' scenario may come up, because the immediate situation is so dire.

Yeah, they told us not to worry last week as well and then we suddenly jumped to Stage 4...

I would not just take this scenario with a pinch of salt. If you are one of the fortunate few who can afford to get some power sorted out do it! The rest of us will look out from our dark houses and yearn for the days when we also used to have electricity! Pre cANCer days....

Found a company today which supplies solar panels...mppt inverter units and yip lithium battery packs...no surprise they have a 3 week lead time ...which i believe as people find out about them is gona go to a lot longer.

Found a company today which supplies solar panels...mppt inverter units and yip lithium battery packs...no surprise they have a 3 week lead time ...which i believe as people find out about them is gona go to a lot longer.

Ja, soon we won't find candles! Or you will have to wait 3-4 weeks!

Edited by Mojoman

Ja, soon we won't find candles! Or you will have to wait 3-4 weeks!

there is a charger unit you can fit to the front wheel of your bicycle to charge lights....they should make one to fit the back wheel ...you can attach the bike to the trainer and walla light and maybe even run zwift ;)

Billions of Rands in losses.

1 Billion Rands per day according to the news is SA's loss.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by BSG