I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

No biggie - I can kick his arse in an arse kicking competition.

that's not a fair fight, you know he doesn't have a leg to stand on

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I speak on behalf of Wil6 here but I think the desired outcome would be that this never happens to another hubber again 

There's many ways to achieve this.

Surely we should afford a fellow member in Lisa the first opportunity to make right. This would go the longest way in ensuring that no other hubber would face similar situation IF IT WAS HANDLED WITH THIS AS THE GOAL.

Second prize would be to warn others of doing business with Lisa if after all the facts were presented the overwhelming majority agreed that based on the facts everyone involved was happy to put in the public space the deal was a bit of a cheat.

The losers prize is where no one gets to come away from this feeling any better about what has happened and the community looks like a bunch of teenage ego maniac w@nkers for how they handled the whole situation. Cause then the site losses more members and fewer people want to participate and eventually there is no member regulation and we have gumtree on a smaller scale under the guise of shared cycling interest.

No prizes for guessing what this situation became!

I'm a bit disappointed the threads have been closed. Wil said he has actual proof that whatever Lisa posted was lies. I think he should be given the opportunity to give that proof. We're talking about a 25k sale that took place. That's a lot of money to lose.

Lol at the opening post though. So because Lisa's brother in law is a champion biker, automatically means she is an honest person. So funny.

that's not a fair fight, you know he doesn't have a leg to stand on

What is this "fair fight" thing you speak of? This is thehub - over here we only punch from behind, kick when they're down and throw bottles from 15m away!

One day a cyclist is going to be threatened with harm, and the guy handing out the threats is going to get one helluva a surprise when a bunch of "knorrige" guys wait for him on one of his routes!  What the guys that threaten forget is that the net is open for all, and people know people who can hack people.

Snipped

Lol at the opening post though. So because Lisa's brother in law is a champion biker, automatically means she is an honest person. So funny.

Speaking on behalf of OM here, but highly doubt that is the message OM is trying to convey.

To me it reads, that this is a respected family who does a lot for cycling in South Africa and not some scam artists trying to pull a fast one. As such they should have received a different interaction from the community than the abuse they have received before all of the real facts had been presented.

Speaking on behalf of OM here, but highly doubt that is the message OM is trying to convey.

To me it reads, that this is a respected family who does a lot for cycling in South Africa and not some scam artists trying to pull a fast one. As such they should have received a different interaction from the community than the abuse they have received before all of the real facts had been presented.

milkshakes on me (banana of course) - I'll even buy one for the mrs

Jeez mate

I find the victimization of Lisa Kelsey so disgusting that I'm closing my account on this forum. Those involved should take a long hard look in the mirror. Only ONE person came out and apologized publicly. The rest of you worms either defended your actions or tried to suck a WOMAN into a dirty internet fight.

One mention of the word Hub to most real riders will get eyes rolling and comments such as Keyboard Jockey flying. I can no longer be on this forum. It's just too embarrassing. 

For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?

Jeez mate you should go on to some other forums if you really want to see lynching and some pitch forks and mobs marching at midnight. In fact i suggest you get off this thing called Internet in total cause there are way worse than this forum .

In fact this forum the other day made me feel positively inadequate with a feel good string about all the good they do.

Free speech and all - its all great until someone you know is involved. Then it becomes a bit of a rough ride. Doesn't mean that anyone is correct - but all the opinions are valid and need to be heard.

Open debate leads to this sort of thing - people take sides and change opinions based on the information available to them.

Did we like the Oscar verdict, the Nkandla verdict and the OJ verdict - kind of all of them stink cause information was suppressed? So we need all sides of the story to make a call. Not just what the court allows as admissible evidence....

Its kind of how it works.

I find it very interesting to watch the debates and opinions swing to and fro - mob justice etc. Apologies and all.

However invariably the truth outs itself - the OP force the seller to state her side of the story - she was compelled to as defence of her reputation.

So tell me whats wrong with this and what transpired - some threats where people never really intended to carry them out etc.

Go look at that chop tuner on the other thread - Dark Arts performance etc - he was a real prize idiot to cyclists and motorcyclists, but down his FB page he was collecting food for homeless animals and was a family man. Can i really say that he didn't have a bad day and an outburst....

So all of us make a chop out of ourselves on a regular basis, me - i did some things in December that i truly needed to apologize for. It kind of happens to all of us - its called the human condition.

So if you really want to leave the forum for the above reasons i would suggest that your motives need to be examined as you may find that your internal need for attention will be what you start looking at , and its not nice to get that introspective.

And you will be back with another account in a couple of weeks, cause you like this place - see you have been here for a bit....

Hi El,

this is quite interesting. I feel that the publishing of a public account is not a problem. It is a public account, so anybody can go and check it out. If I do not want peeps to see my info I can change my privacy settings or delete my account.

The threats were not cool, but I truly believe there was no real intention in those. What are your thoughts on the public account thing?

I think I should delete my strava account, the amount of training these last few months, nobody on here will take me seriously. :whistling:

I have to agree that once one makes personal information vailable on the internet, there is no control over in which way it gets used.

I did not witness any of the threats, but I agree, its over the line and should be severely dealt with.

One Cant complain about profiles that are publisehd on the internet and then posted on a forum.

Partaking in an open forum also has risks, and one will be subjected to differing views of others, as well as varying levels of morality.

If OM wants to leave based on the interactions on this forum it's his right. To me it seems a bit silly to public commit forum suicide ( in this case a note was left to get a view acrross in a way where maximum exposure will be achieved)

I have witnessed many forum seppuku and tbh I cant even remember the members or their reasons.

but you get to ask the question of what was the intention of publishing a public account onto a forum where threats are being made ?

The intention does not matter. It could have been good or bad, and to determine this is a subjective test. But, it is a public account, I have friends and foes, and if I don't want foe to see my account, I must change my privacy settings. The mere act of copy and pasting info that is freely and publicly available is not against any morals. This is my view for what it is worth.

so I read the thread (skim read) don't know why admin closed it...unless i missed all the deleted posts that were harsh at the time...but as the thread reads now...its fine..I agree the OP should have been given opportunity to state his case

So all of us make a chop out of ourselves on a regular basis, me - i did some things in December that i truly needed to apologize for. It kind of happens to all of us - its called the human condition.

So if you really want to leave the forum for the above reasons i would suggest that your motives need to be examined as you may find that your internal need for attention will be what you start looking at , and its not nice to get that introspective.

And you will be back with another account in a couple of weeks, cause you like this place - see you have been here for a bit....

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZU9QbQtuI4Xcc/giphy.gif

post-182-0-39269000-1422001983_thumb.png

I did but it was quickly removed

That sounds like favoritism, someone with authority around here is making decisions in favor of LK

For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?

This is just an accident of genetics and family - there is no relationship between Myles and the behaviour/attitude/actions of his sister in law at all.

The number of medals he has and his stellar performances has also no relationship either.

Kind of key to keeping things in perspective I think.

But anyway - sorry to see you go - keep the rubber down and the hairy bits up. :)

Throwing the babba out with the bath water there, Omega Man.

There's far more value here than one contentious thread, man.

Archived