Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw to race Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbs? the Alps are climbs... Cav will get over them, my bet is getting himself in an early break, the rest is one clever sprint and the rest will be history. The reason I say a break is the way to go, as many riders will have his race number written on there handlebars so to be such a marked man will make things rough if kept to the end. I'm sure a few locals would love to pull one over this sprint sensation... (wink wink).

gents seriously, Hes comming with 2 of his lead men, i recon hes gonna tear **** up! Might put cycling sa in a bad light.. No one will be able to stay near him..Opinions please?

Gonna be the first time ever that i watch the argus on the telly, hopefully it wont be that usual low budget crap broadcast with commentators that sound like their wives left them 30years ago, bring up the TDF commentators!! Exiting times

Thats if they are "racing" and not holding back with charity. Have a look around and you will find the thread. Maybe post a link someone?

Strange how few people know that the Argus pulls a whole BUNCH of Euro pros every year!  They just do it very silently and out of the lime light.

Two of the Quickstep boys in 2012 amongst others:

post-25-0-48663500-1423550094_thumb.jpg

Strange how few people know that the Argus pulls a whole BUNCH of Euro pros every year!  They just do it very silently and out of the lime light.

Two of the Quickstep boys in 2012 amongst others:

If I remember correctly one of them made a break and with like a km to go started checking behind himself, getting ready to salute, then a fast approaching pack ate him up with 100m to go.

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess Mr. Cavendish and Renshaw won't be riding the CTCT after CSA's stunt not to sanction the event?

There goes THAT PR exercise....

CSA is a representative body of UCI. All rides should be sanctioned by that body. Especially if UCI riders want to take part. Not just an SA thing. Big issue in USA especially in MTB'ing.

There are bigger politics at play with PPA not wanting to be part of/sanctioned by CSA.

As always, all parties have the interests of cycling at heart !!!!!!