Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw to race Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Would be great to see Impey and Cavendish giving it horns.. as I heard the other day, It would be great for Impey to wear National colours at Le tour..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the title header to this thread :

Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw to race Cape Town Cycle Tour

:blush: , fine print fine print, sowwy

why cant they race? i remember Armstrong and Impey racing it a few years back. If memory serves me correct - Impey came 3rd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is not even a Categorized climb in the Argus, or is there one Cat4?

But nonetheless, Argus is a flat race for guys like Mark

100%, these are not climbs for him....even as a sprinter!

I've got an old t-shirt of the "proper" Jock with the Jock profile superimposed over the Argus profile (as above, minus the Le Tour stage)

Catch phrase is "So you've done the Argus, how about the real thing"

Wore it to a few Argus expos already, always get a few comments about it.

Precisely... if Nolan can get over them, Cavendish sure as hell can too  :thumbup:

Exactly.... theres no climbs in the Argus... if there was we will hardly see a bunch sprint at the finish.

On that note i wish SA can have more finishes going uphill... doesnt have to be a 5 km 7% but just a steep hill so the strong guys can show so power.... sprinting gets boring after 250 races!

Exactly.... theres no climbs in the Argus... if there was we will hardly see a bunch sprint at the finish.

On that note i wish SA can have more finishes going uphill... doesnt have to be a 5 km 7% but just a steep hill so the strong guys can show so power.... sprinting gets boring after 250 races!

:eek:  :eek:  :eek: DONT know what sprints you been watching, I GO MAL when the train starts the build up :devil:

To quote a post above surely they will be competing for the win?

David Bellairs, Marketing, Media and Sponsorship Director of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, organisers of the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour, says:

The Cape Town Cycle Tour is extremely excited at the news that Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw will be participating this year.  This is particularly special as Klein Constantia is a sponsor of both the Cape Town Cycle Tour and the ETIXX Quick-Step Quickstep team.  Having pro riders of this calibre will certainly make for some exciting racing on 8th March and we look forward to hosting them in our wonderful city.